Thread: Can I have HTC EVO without Data Plan?

Can I have HTC EVO without Data Plan?

I am going to buy the cell phone from the HTC and I have thought of going with HTC EVO. Please let me know if this is the optimal choice to go with. Now I have seen that when I went for the enquiry and I came to know that if I want to have this HTC EVO then I will be required to have a Data Plan activated. Now the thing is that I want to have this cell phone but that too without any data plan. Hope that you will really help me with some suggestion here.

Re: Can I have HTC EVO without Data Plan?

In one word if you want to have the answer then I would say NO. Actually the thing is that if you want to have the HTC EVO then you will have to have the Data Plan for you. IN addition to this if you want you can go with some simple and some low data plans and see if that can really make the difference in your case. You can talk about the same with the service center and see if they can help you with the same. Will let you know about the plans as soon as I get hold of any till then you can enjoy googling the same and see if that can really help you.

If you want to have the HTC EVO and in addition to this if you want to have the lowest data plan with which you want to go then here is the name of the plan: Everything Data plan. Everything Data plan that will cost you $69.99 but in addition to this you will have to pay $10 as the premium data fee. This plan will allow you to make a voice call and make text messages. In addition to this you can also visit the official site of the HTC and see for the new upcoming plans that they have on the site. See if you can find something better than what they had come up with previously.

I do not think that you will be able to find anything cheap with the data plans that they have there; it will be appreciated if you can go with sprint. The data/text plan that Sprint offers if of just $29.99 but in addition to this you will have to pay $10 as the premium data fee. So in all if you go and see it will cost you $39.99 and I really think that it is very less when compared with what has been mentioned above. The above one will cost you $79.99 and here you are paying $39.99 that is nearly half. Hope that you will really like the plan that I have come up with.

Well if you are much concerned about the plans and you want to have the cheapest one for you then you can go with SKYPE. It will be really better if you can have Skype for all the voice calls. I have seen that Skype yet offers a $2.99/month plan and then if you are in US then you will get UNLIMITED US calls for you. I really find this cheapest and hence have suggested you the same. Hope that you will really go with this for sure.

Really thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have made here and I am really glad that I have some thing on which I can think. IN addition to this I have also thought of having the HTC HERO. I have read somewhere that this cell phone really does not require the data plan and hence I just wanted to get it confirmed. Is this really true in this case. If it is then I probably think that going with this option will really help me.