Thread: How to configure Gmail on iPhone

How to configure Gmail on iPhone

I have iPhone here with me and I really want to get out of the issue that I have here on the cell phone. I think that if you have iPhone and you cannot access your Gmail account and that too after giving it an attempt for many times then it is really indeed a matter of concerned and hence I need all of yours help in the matter here. Will really appreciate any help in the matter that I am stuck with. I have seen that I just cannot see the application doing the thing that I want it to do. In addition to this I have also seen some of the additional issues in the cell phone. Sometime I have noticed that when I try to forcibly try to make an access with the application it just starts to hang and I have to make a restart again, please let me know if there is anything with which you can help me.

Re: How to configure Gmail on iPhone

It seems to me that you have not set or not configured the application in a well manner and hence you are getting the issue there. It will be nice if you can just have the Gmail account set again on your cell phone and then see if that can help you with the issue that you have there. On the Home Screen of iPhone make a tap on Settings. After that you will have to go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars options there. Under the Accounts option you will have to tap Add Account option there. Now choose Google Mail option there. Under the Name option just feed in the name. Under the Address option feed in full Gmail address and then in Password feed in your Gmail password. Make these changes and then SAVE it there. Hope that you will not have trouble after this.

I have seen that some of the iPhone users are having the issues with the Gmail on iPhone. Multiple copies of all the Mails that are send gets duplicated. It will be better that you just ignore them and then delete the same. If you want to avoid this then it will be better if you can try to disable Gmail's recent mode. On the Home Screen tap the Settings option. Now you will have to go to Mail Option there. Under this you can select Accounts and then select your Gmail account. Now select the Advanced option there. Now see that under the Use Recent Mode option the value is Off if it’s On then make this change and then Save the changes there on your cell phone. Hope that you will be able to avoid the duplicate mail scenario in your case.

In addition to all the issues that I have seen I have also seen some of the users complaining that they are seeing the sent email in the iPhone Mail Inbox and if you also want to avoid the same then you can just see the steps below and see if what I have said really goes in your way. You will have to go to Mail via making a tap on Settings options that you are able to see on the Home Screen of your iPhone. Once you are in Mail then you can go to the Accounts and then select the appropriate Google Apps or Gmail account. Now in order to avoid the scenario that I have mentioned above you will have to select the User Name option that you will see beneath Incoming Mail Server option there. Now from your username you will have to remove the keyword recent that is prefixed to your username. I am sure that you must have liked this post.

I would like to bring the PUSH scenario in the discussion that is going on here and hope that you will like the suggestion on this. By making use of this service you will be able to get the emails on your Smartphone as soon as it arrives in your Inbox and that too in realtime. So here is the way of getting this service configured. Open the Settings and then select the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option that you get next. Again you will have to make a new account and for that you can choose Add Account option. Now here is the thing that you will have to see for very carefully, you will have to select Microsoft Exchange and fill in the details accordingly there. See that you leave the DOMAIN filed blank there. Now after filling in the details select Next. When you see the Server Filed then you will have to enter m.google.com. It will ask you to select the Google services that you actually want to sync. Select accordingly.

The thing that has been mentioned above will really help you but in addition to this will cost some of the battery there. Regarding the issue of the hanging that your cell phone is facing. Then it will be better if you can just have iPhone reset for once and then see if it can really help you. Do this for once and see if you really get benefited with the same. All you have to do is press and hold the sleep button and while you are doing that you will be required to press and hold the home button as well. Do this till you see the icon of Apple on your screen. Hope that this will help you.