Thread: how can i use NOKIA 5233 as modem to PC

how can i use NOKIA 5233 as modem to PC

I’ve recently purchased a new nokia 5233 mobile phone. I’ve a dell laptop at my home and I want to connect my nokia 5233 mobile phone as a modem to a laptop. I want to use my moile internet in my laptop, but I don’t know how to connect my mobile to a laptop will you please tell me how should I connect my mobile to laptop. Will I need some special software to connect my mobile to laptop ?. can I use my mobile internet in my laptop. please suggest me some tips to resolve this problem. Please help me.

Re: how can i use NOKIA 5233 as modem to PC

Yes, you can use your nokia 5233 mobile as a modem to your laptop. If you have purchased a new mobile then you must have a installation cd of your mobile phone. it is a software cd need to install before connecting your mobile to compute. You’ll also need a data cable wire which has came with your mobile phone. first you have to install a cd in your laptop and then you have to connect your mobile to a laptop through data cable wire. After doing this you’ll need some extra setting in your mobile, you can get this setting from your network operator.

If you have activated a GPRS connection in your mobile phone then you can use your mobile as a modem to your laptop. You just need to install a pc suite software in your laptop first. If you have a installation cd of your mobile then you can install a ppc suite from it. If you don’t have, then you can download it from the internet. After downloading you have to install that pc suite in your laptop and connect your mobile through data cable wire to pc, now use it.

You need a additional setting for using your mobile internet in your laptop. Activating a GPRS is not enough for using your mobile internet in laptop, you need a extra setting for that. First connect your mobile to pc(hope you have installed a pc suite in your system) then you’ll need a setting from your network operator. You can call to customer care no. and sk for setting. they will provide your e setting through sms or they will give you instruction on phone, just follow the instruction and you’re done.