Thread: Have problem with N900 USB Network in Windows 7 64 bit

Have problem with N900 USB Network in Windows 7 64 bit

Hey guys I had a Samsung phone a month back. Somehow my phone got hanged and I had to change my phone as I was leaving for Australia for a meeting. I have bought a Nokia N900 mobile phone and it was working perfectly fine. I have Windows 7 operating system of 64 bit resolution in my phone. Suddenly the RNDIS driver is not work for me. Can anybody guide me as to how can I get the USB networking to run properly on the Windows 7 for 64 bit resolution. I would be grateful if someone can just help me out with this problem.

Re: Have problem with N900 USB Network in Windows 7 64 bit

The Remote Network Driver Interface Specification is like a Microsoft protocol or a set of instructions which is used mainly on top of the USB. It is used to provide a kind of link to specific versions of Windows operating system. I think there is something wrong with the .inf file that they have provided. The .inf file is a setup information file, it is a kind of a text file which is used by Microsoft Windows for installation of hardware and softwares. The INF file has a section with a signature value specifying the version of the value. Or what I suggest is that without any further experimentation you just go to the nearest gallery and inform them about the problem

Even I think that there is a problem with the setup information file that is .inf file. I had a similar problem some few months back, what I suggest to you my friend is to try getting a new .inf file. When both of these files are compared what I observed was that in the earlier file they have missed the support of AMD64. Try converting the original file. You can convert the file by following the procedure of Microsoft document on creating .inf file for the 64 bit resolution. I wish my reply solves your problem and you can start using your Nokia N900.

Hey if you are still unable to solve your problem then I would suggest you to reinstall the driver in Windows 7. What you need to is go to the Device manager by right clicking on the My Computer icon. Here you select Properties and again choose Device manager which is in the left side panel. Now right click on New device with a yellow colored triangle and choose Update Driver Software. Then select “Browse my computer for driver software”. Here select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. Now click “Have disk” and then you are supposed to browse to driver file which is downloaded. Keep on selecting the “Next” option and then “Finish”. After the driver is installed, you will get a new adapter named as "Nokia 770 USB Ethernet/RNDIS" which will appear when you try plugging your N900. After this you can still get an unplugged symbol so don’t get surprised since this is just a driver problem, it signifies that your N900 is connected or plugged in.