Thread: Menu not working in Nokia C3-00

Menu not working in Nokia C3-00

I have recently updated my Nokia C3-00 with latest firmware version of 07.20.Its working properly but I am having issue with menu. I am unable to delete the menu item from the phone. I am also unable to create new menu item according to my requirement. I am really disappointed with this problem. What should I do in order to fix this issue? Any suggestions to fix this matter would be highly appreciated.

Re: Menu not working in Nokia C3-00

I was having the same problem with the Nokia C3-00. Well I think there is some error is pending during the execution of the firmware. So you have to do soft reset to remove those errors. It will restore your phone to the initial state by using the Factory setting. You may short cut key *#7380# to achieve the same. Don’t worry no data would be deleted during the soft reset process. In fact soft reset is used to delete all the user settings from the phone. It worked for me hence I am suggesting you to do the same. Please let me know whether it worked for you or not.

If the hard reset is not worked for you then you can go for the hard reset in your Nokia C3-00. All the information that you have stored is deleted during the hard reset so I advise you to take back up of the data that you have stored in the phone memory. You have to press *#7370# to do hard reset and press yes to begin with it. If the phone is not turning on you should press On/Off,’*’ and ‘3’ keys simultaneously. Once the process is completed you can restore the backup in to the phone memory. I think hard reset will solve your problem.

Well looking at situation that you have mentioned above I conclude that there is an issue with firmware. you should go for the firmware downgrade. You have to downgrade your firmware with the previous working version. You have to connect your phone with computer. You have to launch Nokia PC suit. It will provide you option for the downloading of the previous version of firmware. You have to take back up of the data before doing firmware upgrade since all that data will be erased after the process. Once you have finished with the process you can restore the backup. I think firmware downgrade is most reliable solution for you.

If you are facing the updated version of the firmware the why are you not going for the previous version of the firmware. You have mentioned that problem begun after the updating with latest firmware. So I am suggesting you to downgrade your firmware with previous working version. All the data you have stored will be erased so do back up your data before doing anything. I hope it will solve your problem definitely.

sad Re: Menu not working in Nokia C3-00

Hey guys, i've updated my c3 to v7.2 but the video problem exists! also there i got an extra communities icon in my menu. the old one exists. But both are working.

After the updation there I got more problems. I can't install or use the third java applications like operamini, ebuddy, ucweb etc. Also I can't access the ovi store. I have getting the internet connection, but the nothing happens in the ovi store.i've done the updation for v7.2 two or 3 times.

What should I do?? How can I 'downgrade' the phone software to the older versions like 4.6??

Please... Anyone help me..... !

Quote Originally Posted by zeyavkm View Post
    Hey guys, i've updated my c3 to v7.2 but the video problem exists! How can I 'downgrade' the phone software to the older versions like 4.6??
    Well, what i suggest is dont try anything else. If am not wrong, your device is till under warranty, simply get it to your nearest Nokia Care and get it fixed. You wont be charged anything, and if you try any more to do yourself, it may avoid your warranty as well.

yeah, thanx for the reply. i'm thinking about to give it to nokia care. how much time it takes to fix from nokia care??

It completely depends on the problem. Normally they take a day if there is any problem with the software. And if there is some hardware related workout, than they may take 3 to 5 days. But still its not a matter.

You will get your device fixed, or else you may get a new device of the same model as a replacement.