Thread: How to disable USB charging in Nokia C5

How to disable USB charging in Nokia C5

I assume that you might have all heard about the digital devices has the function of USB charging. Some devices like iphone, ipod and other portable music players have the capability to charge via USB cable. So whenever you connected to the computer those devices will automatically get charge. I heard that there is no way to disable them. I own a Nokia C5 mobile phone and this phone also charging when I connected to the USB port. However I don’t have this feature. Is there any way to disable that feature? I don’t want my phone to charge via USB. Please help me to avoid this.

Re: How to disable USB charging in Nokia C5

I haven’t seen that the Nokia phones have been charging via USB. I know that many other devices will have this kind of feature. I have just a year old Mobile phone from Nokia and it won’t charge when I connected to the computer. I don’t know about new phones. I heard that some new smart phones from Nokia looses much power when we transferring data from Phone to PC or vice versa. I think that due to this purpose the company has included US charging so that users consumes much time when working on something.

USB charging is the best feature for phones. I don’t know why you want to disable this charging. As far as I know there is no such way to disable this. If any settings available it should be within your phone only. Other than this there is no such technique to disable. When you syncing the phone to PC the USB charging will automatically get disabled. The phone will only charge when it is in idle position or switched off. I assume that I am right here.

If you don’t want the USB charging then you just need to get rid of the USB cable otherwise I think there is no other way to disable the USB charging either in phone’s settings or in PC configuration. Instead of this you can use Bluetooth to connect to the PC. This is the easy way and the phone will not able to charge any longer. So far you will need this kind of charging when you are using internet in PC by connecting the Nokia phone. At this time the phone will lose enough power. I don’t know why this feature really bothers you.

Does your Nokia C5 really charging when connected to the USB? I don’t think so. I haven’t seen any other Nokia mobiles except N97 which have the capability of USB charging. I think that someone might have misjudged you. Please go through the phone’s manual properly for this information. C5 is not a kind of smart phone. As my knowledge concern only the touch screen based mobiles will perform charging when connected to USB. Sometime the phone charges when it switched off or empty in battery other than this there is no way.

If the C5 battery is charging automatically when it is connected to the USB then I hope that he Nokia has obviously added some options in SETTINGS to disable it. If you can’t find one then there is no other method. So far I have seen that the Nokia has recently added USB charging to its latest phones. You can’t find this in older mobiles. Otherwise you might get DISABLE option is the Next firmware release. Till then you need to hang around.