Thread: Cannot uninstall topApps from Nokia C7

Cannot uninstall topApps from Nokia C7

Friends, I have uninstalled the Ovi topApps last night and after that when I checked the application folder then it was showing me icon for the topApps over there as it should be removed from there. Now if I touch that icon then nothing happens. I am not able to understand that if I have uninstalled that then why that is showing me again in the application folder. This is the first time I am getting this problem and so have no idea about this. Can you tell me any way by which I can uninstall that completely with the icon removed from that? Any help will be really appreciated.

Re: Cannot uninstall topApps from Nokia C7

Have you tried to restart the phone after un-installation? This is one of the most recommended processes after doing any such changes to your phone otherwise it will not be removed properly from your system. The file you are seeing may be a temporary file that will be removed after restart. If that does not help you then you can turn off your phone and remove the battery from your phone. Keep that as it is for about 2 minutes and after that insert that back to your phone. See if this can remove that icon from your application folder.

I am not sure that this is going to help you but you can try this and see if that can solve the problem. Install the Ovi topApps again in your phone. This will replace all the files for this in your phone and then try to uninstall that gain. See if this time it gets uninstalled properly or not. You should try it first before doing anything else to your phone. Ihave also faced the similar problem but with some other application and doing so resolved the problem for me. I hope that this will do the same for you.

There may be some problem with the way of un-installation of the software. That may not be uninstalled properly. Therefore I am giving you the proper by which this can be done. Just follow the steps below.
    1. First tap the screen and choose the menu choice available.
    2. Now choose the settings choice.
    3. Afterward in settings you will see the application manager just click on it
    4. After that get three more choices accessible that is
      • Installed application
      • Installation files
      • Installation cell
    5. From that you have to select installed application then the record of the entire the installed files will appear to you
    6. Just choose the OVI from it and delete it from mobile system of yours.

If any of the other solution does not help you then you can try to do the soft reset to your phone. This preference will restores the .ini files on or after the ROM. It will not wipe out data from your phone and also not the applications as ofa third party. Key Code for this is *# 7780 #. If the soft reset does not solve the problem then you can try to do the hard reset on your phone. This preference will restores the inventive operating system as of the ROM. It will format the C: partition as well as cross out the entire data which also includes the memory card. Key Code for this is #7370#. Make this as the last option if nothing helps you.