Thread: Why the N900 don't have a CD with it

Why the N900 don't have a CD with it

Here my main question is: why the Nokia n900 don't have a CD with it? I really not understood why they do this. One of my friend also got N900 and he as well have the same issue that is, he also can’t get the CD with it. Anyone know the reason why this is happened with me and wit my friend? Or anyone else has the similar issue? Please notify me if anyone has any idea. I also searched the answer for this question but can’t find any responsive answer.

Re: Why the N900 don't have a CD with it

I truly like your questions. They are so thought infuriating, as inconsistent as your name. Sincerely though, I think it is due to the software’s which is going to be mastered on the CD is moving too quick anyway. And broadband internet is receiving so much quicker, cheaper, therefore more general... so it wouldn't be a great deal for people to only obtain the absolute most recent edition of software straight from Nokia. In addition, this way they can get a few statistics of while/where you are grabbing their software or updates from.

For me there are two major causes:
    1. Environmental - worry of the nature with fewer waste - CD, paper, and so on.
    2. For the reason that the software into CD all the time is a old edition - these days there are extremely short time era between software updates - not just for mobiles, but as well for Suites - for connection between mobile and computer.

Anyway - I do not overlook this old feature - CD.

Here I am just say that, Yes you are right, I think it is truly right that a large multinational business or company keeps in its heart environmentalist care for the nature and that is not a reason to spare the wealth for a CD. I think you understood my words clearly or I can say that my provided information if understandable. Am I right?

I thought it was because Nokia didn’t officially support it anyhow. I mean there is no PC suit sustain for it (as a minimum the previous time I checked) and that’s quiet much what is on the CD that arrives with other Nokia devices. As well I think the OVI store still isn’t truly supporting the N900 to the extent that applications go. I guess they didn’t provide a cd with it because it’s like I don’t know. Not trolling here but I mean, it kind of looks like a step child.