Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Flashing Software does not allow to reset MMC after Maemo 1.2 installation

Portable Devices

Old 28-01-2011

Flashing Software does not allow to reset MMC after Maemo 1.2 installation

I was positive astonished today that edition 1.2 at last launched, I attempted to install it directly. So I initialized the NSU on my XP Dell notebook and it was not able to locate my phone at all (It had functioned well before), and whatever I had tried nothing had worked. This is all happened after I had installed The Maemo 1.2 edition , please tell what can be done to solve this issue . Thank you in advance
Old 28-01-2011

Re: Flashing Software does not allow to reset MMC after Maemo 1.2 installation

I think you should test various drivers and uninstall the previous ones before , you can test various modes on the phone , I used the search function and didn't found a suitable solution . What you can do is you can test it on any other notebook that has a Windows 7 64bit edition installed . If this does not bring solution upto your level of satisfaction then I will request you to tell me the core issue again , so that I can research a bit more on this .
Old 28-01-2011

Well I dont to mind at all to tell you the exact issue again.I tried the manual technique as it is explained in the news. I also Downloaded flasher 3.5 and as I was suggested used "flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin -f" which worked fine, then I used "lasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R" and the following results comes:
  • Booting device displays flash mode.
  • Suitable USB device not is found, waiting.
  • Windows is not able to install a device (Which is not even displayed in the device manager) and it get hangs there forever.
Old 28-01-2011

Flashing is not going to lay any kind of impact on your device as its only software and I ask to be different on the Nokia recommendation telling people to not flash emmc previous to fw, load of junk as its been confirmed on here a lot of times it is in fact a superior way to flash.Try emmc initially then fw and you will locate it solves your problem and bear in mind flashing software will not kill a device as it is totally reversable in any situation .
Old 28-01-2011

There is also a situation where you might also think about to fact that it works for fairly many people. It?s always humorous and sad to see people go mad since something does not go on their precise system. I can realize this on some level, but you have to also understand that this is not case of Macintosh where approximately everything is controlled. World of pc+windows has n+1 diverse installation situations and it?s not possible to take account all of them.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,