Thread: No SMS ringtones in Nokia C7

No SMS ringtones in Nokia C7

I am using Nokia C7 from past 4 months. Recently I have started to face very silly problem with the my phone. Well whenever I receive any text message on the phone it does not notify me by ringing the sms alert tone. However it blinks light when it receives the message but it is useless when I have kept the phone in my pocket. I let you know that I have upgraded the firmware recently so I think this latest firmware might be the root cause of the problem. Please let me know if you are having any suggestion with you. Thanks in advance.

Re: No SMS ringtones in Nokia C7

Well looking at your situation I think you should restart your phone. Many times I have seen that such problem gets solved after restarting the phone. In other I am suggesting you are going *#7380#. It will get back your phone to the initial state and also it will remove all the error if it is pending in your phone memory. Don’t worry no data will be erased during this process. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter.

Well you told me that you have recently upgraded the firmware of the phone. So I want to know whether you were having the similar issue when you were using previous version of the firmware. If your answer is yes then I strongly recommend you that you should download previous version of the firmware and install the same on your phone. Back up should be taken before doing firmware downgrade. Well I think it is the far better solution for this particular problem.

There are 2 solutions were provided by the two different users. if both the are not working then I recommend you that you should contact nearest Nokia Care center regarding your issue Well it will be great if you are having service warranty so that you can fix the problem without paying for it. Your service warranty will void if your phone is having any physical damage. I think it is the most reliable solution which you can apply in this particular situation.