Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can N900 act as a wifi AP mode

Portable Devices

Old 27-01-2011

Can N900 act as a wifi AP mode

Guys I have a very good but difficult questions for all of you, I have a Nokia N900 that is having the internet connection through the GPRS of my mobile operator. All I would want to know is that can I be able to make this N900 behave like a Wifi Access Point. If this is made possible then we can enjoy the surveillance of the exchanging the photos from my DigiCam directly to the N900 using the wifi connection. And not just we can also, edit the way we want and then upload the same on the web directly through the phone. So any one knowing anything about this please help me in giving your opinions.

Old 27-01-2011

Re: Can N900 act as a wifi AP mode

According to me this will surely work, but you must have to deal with some of the necessary networking commands in a script that has to be packaged, also there would be no General User Interface for such a kind of networking . If you want you can make the use of the JaikuSpot lines, which has the added ability to run servers on the device as well. Thus you will make the device that is N900 behave much like a wifi with the JaikuSpot package running on it. So try this out and see if it works for you.
Old 27-01-2011

I think that the JoikuSpot which has been mentioned in the above post doesn?t have the equivalent tools that will help provide the necessary Access Point for your Nokia N900. It has a very complex architecture that will make the things more worse. Also one of the set back of this package is that the package does not allow Power Saving mode. This will make the phone to perform for long duration as a wifi Access Point, and as it is the Nokia N900 battery is having much less of capability to run longers. With this not integrated in the package I think that it will make the matter more worse.
Old 27-01-2011

I don?t remember that any device was able to have this feature integrated on its device as there was no way a device can be made to perform just as a wifi for connecting to it and then use it for transferring files etc. I guess the more you can do is to make the mobile phone behave like a web cam where you will be able to connect it through the other party through the internet and then start your phones camera that will allow the person sitting on the other side to see you properly.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,