Thread: Nokia C7: Configuring VOIP

Nokia C7: Configuring VOIP

Well I have recently purchased Nokia C7 and I am really satisfied with the features of the phone. Well I am having a query and I have decided to discuss with you all so that you can tell me how to work around on the query of mine. Well it’s very simple I want to make outgoing internet calls on my Nokia C7. Well I know that but I have to use VOIP to achieve the same but I don’t how make use of VOIP. Anyone having suggestion will be highly appreciated. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanks in advance.

Re: Nokia C7: Configuring VOIP

Well looking at your situation I think you have to download SIP VoIP 3.1 Settings from the official website. Well it’s a application which is especially designed for the Nokia phones which are having Symbian^3 firmware. Using these settings you can configure VOIP settings on your phone. It is usually used to define the configuration parameter for VOIP in the Symbian^3 which are not accessed by the standard feature of Symbian^3. It helps you to either create new VOIP profile or edit the existing profiles. It is usually provided as signed SIS files which you can easily install on Symbian^3 in normal way.

Well I am having setting which you can sue to create access point. You can use the following. Go for Tools and choose Settings where you have to go for Connection. Now choose Access point. Now you have to choose Option by using left soft key and select New access point. You will redirect to window where you have enter suitable parameter in order to connect with Wireless network. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter

In order to configure VOIP settings on your phone you have to also create SIP profile on your Nokia C7. Make sure that you have already Defined new access point on your phone. You have choose Tools and go for Settings now go for Connection where you have to search for SIP settings. Now you have to choose Options by using left soft key and select New SIP profile and you have to use Default profile. You have to enter appropriate details on the provided table. Make sure that you should keep Proxy server field empty. Once you have done you have to create Internet Telephone Profile. You have to select Tools and go for Settings where you have to select Connection. Now choose Internet tel. Now choose Option by using left soft key and select New Profile. Now you have to set any desire name and choose just now created SIP Profile. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter.

You use following setting to set STUN Server. Well you have to launch SIP VoIP Settings Tool. Now select Installation and go for SIP VoIP Settings Tool. Now go for NAT FW settings and choose Domain Parameters. Now choose enter Server name. Now you have to enter STUN Server name as hostname of STUN server. You have to enter 3478 for the STUN server port. You should enter port number if you are not running default STUN port.