Thread: Nokia C7: Unable to access phone memory

Nokia C7: Unable to access phone memory

I have recently purchased Nokia C7. Well I am having an issue regarding this particular Nokia C7. Well whenever I connect Nokia C7 with the computer of mine I can only access the two drives from the mass memory. However whenever I plug my Nokia C7 with OVI suite I can access both the memory that is phone as well as mass memory. Well whenever I try to copy file in to phone memory it prompts with error message which states that ‘Error Copying file. The selected files could not be copied. There is not enough free space on the device.’ However I am having free memory space of 300 MB it shows that there is no free space available on the phone memory. Now I am really frustrated with this situation. Please help me out if you are having any solution with you. Thanks in advance.

Re: Nokia C7: Unable to access phone memory

Well looking at your situation I think I can tell you something regarding this particular situation. Well it is a new feature which is introduced in Symbian operating system. The phones which are having mass memory will not allow you to save any information directly on the phone memory. If you connect your phone with Windows 7 or Windows Vista you will see that all the drive which is red in color red is not having any free space. It means that phone memory is write protected. In simple term I let you know that entire free phone memory will be only utilized for either system data or the installation of application. You cannot use this phone memory as a general storage of files.

Well I was having the almost same problem like you but it was concerned with message storage. I was unable to restore all the messages to my memory card it was prompting that “Unable to access the selected memory ur msgs will be restored in c : phone memory". I used the following steps and it helped me. I have selected Sync Messages from the Nokia Ovi suite by choosing phone memory. Once you have completed choose memory card. Now you have to drag and drop all the synch messages into desired folders like inbox or sent, from the Ovi suite.

Well looking at your situation I think you have to do hard reset your phone. You have to back up all the messages ,contacts and videos from your memory card since in the process of hard reset all the data gets deleted from the memory. You have to format your memory card and also you have to remove all the third party application from the phone memory. Now press *#7370# keys from the phone keypad. This will hard reset your phone. Once you have completed you can restore all the data on phone memory. I am hoping that it will help you out.

Well I think there is any issue with firmware that you have installed on your phone. Most reliable solution which I can give you is to upgrade the firmware with the latest version. You can download the latest version of the firmware from the official website of the Nokia. You should take back up of the data from your phone before doing firmware up gradation since during this process all the data gets deleted from the phone memory. Once you have done you can restore all the data on your phone memory.

I want to know that whether you are having service warranty for Nokia C7. If your answer is yes then I am suggesting you that you should contact nearest Nokia service center to claim for service warranty. I let you know that your phone should not have any physical damage otherwise it will void the service warranty. Well I think it is the most reliable solution which I can give you in this particular situation. I am hoping that it helps you.