Thread: Dell XPS 16 hangs and then restarts

Dell XPS 16 hangs and then restarts

I am having a Windows 7 compatible Dell XPS 16 laptop, this is specified with NVIDIA graphical interface, along with this Intel i5 processor, 3 GB RAM, 456 GB hard drive. The laptop I mainly used for access internet and sometimes to play some of the high definition games, also some of the home entertainment purpose. The machine was working fine till the date but suddenly from yesterday night, it starts creating a problem regarding the graphics. Whenever I tried to open any video clip or any game, the machine complete hangs for few first minute and then restart automatically. Is there anyone having any solution for this problem? Any input will be helpful for me greatly.

Re: Dell XPS 16 hangs and then restarts

According to the problem that you mentioned, I think this is for the display driver, though you are running some high definition game and video, so for this the driver might not be able to take load of them think the driver is either corrupted or out dated. i was also facing similar issue, for that I would like to suggest you to download the latest version of display driver from the manufacturer web site and install this into your machine, for that visit into the driver manufacturer official site, and there look for the driver application which is compatible with the machine specification and along with this also support the operating system version. Download and install this one in your machine. Before this, I suggest you to remove the again application, and again reinstall this after reload the driver.

I think the problem is for the windows version that you are using, in some of the cases I found that for corrupt any windows log file from the machine, which was either collaborate with any software application or with any other application program, then whenever you tried to run this one, for missing the file this type of problem. For that I recommend you to go for the windows repair option, insert windows installation disk and run the installation process, from eth installation window select windows repair option. Wait till the process completes, reboot your machine and I hope by this the problem will be solved.

According to me, the problem is completely for some of the third party software application or for the visual effects. For that I recommend you to enter into program and feature from control panel, look for the application program those are applied in your machine, if there is any third party or any visual effect then remove that one. Is the problem is occurring with a particular media player, then I recommend you to reload the player, for that first of all remove the existing version and along with this also remove other files those are collaborating with the windows log file. Go through this, I hope this will somehow help you to resolve the issue.

I was facing similar issue in my machine, before that I was installed a graphics software application program, so first of all I thought that the cause of the problem is that, but after remove that one, I found another cause of the problem. I researched for the solution of the issue, and found that the problem is for windows operating system, and by reload that this can be solved. So I also like to recommend you to go for this process, for that insert windows installation disk into CD ROM drive, start pressing f8 from keyboard after manufacturer logo will appear into the screen, it will proceed you into the install window, click on install now option, it will first ask you to choose the drive, select the primary drive, where you installed earlier version. the process will format the drive first and then load the operating system in afresh way. Reinstall other software or hardware applications those are needed for you. Try with this, if there is operating system problem then by this you will surely able to resolve this one.