Thread: Aspire 5742 notebook reboot by itself

Aspire 5742 notebook reboot by itself

Hi all, I am using a Aspire 5742 notebook, this is running with windows 7 OS. The machine is very much impressed me with its features and the looks of it. I basically sue this for internet access for both my official and some of the personal works. My notebook is specified with Intel core2 duo processor, along with this NVIDIA GEForce graphical interface. I am here for getting any suggestion regarding a problem which is start occurring in my machine from just few days back. The problem is that, the laptops is automatically reboots, there is no fixed time to happen this, it can happen at any time during the execution of any program or game. What should I do? How to overcome from this problem?

Re: Aspire 5742 notebook reboot by itself

According to me , I would like to suggest you to repair the windows version, might be there is any windows file is missing or corrupted. For that insert the original version operating system installation disk, and reboot your machine, start pressing f8 from your keyboard after manufacturer logo will appear into the screen. It will proceed you to the installation window, from there choose the windows repair option, and run this one, wait till the process completes.

The problem might be occurring for the start up of your machine, because I was also facing similar issue, and by repair the start up program I can easily overcome from the problem. Before go for any process I suggest you to remove the start program those are not needed to run during the windows start up. Now b pressing DEL button, enter into the BIOS setting window, from there select the start up repair option. Run the program and wait for the process completion. I hope by this the problem will surely resolved.

Similar issue, in my dell inspiron laptop, it is running with windows vista. The problem is start occurring after install a high definition game, named as Need for speed-Most wanted. At the completion of game installation process, it requires for reboot the machine. I did and from that time the problem starts. After that I tried to open the machine windows platform, it starts but after flash the manufacturer logo it simply turn off automatically. After that whenever I tried to open the machine, it acts same thing. I tried by remove the gaming application, but this also dose not helps me to overcome from the problem. What should I do now? Is there any other option to solve this typical problem?

As per my onion, the problem that you mentioned in your post, for that I suggest you to reload the graphics driver, insert the installation disk and ping to device manager, now right click on it and select update option, choose offline recommended option. It will direct you to locate the driver installation program from your machine, browse and run the process. Try this process. If by this process you are still facing the problem, then finally I recommend you to reload the operating system, may be this problem occurring for any missing or corrupt windows file, by the reload process the file will be recovered. Insert the windows installation disk and go for the loading process, follow some of the instructions and at last reboot your machine. I am sure by this the problem will be solved.