Thread: Can I use Nokia n810 Applications on Maemo 5 (n900)

Can I use Nokia n810 Applications on Maemo 5 (n900)

I have recently purchased Nokia n900 and I have a lot of n810 application. I would like to know if it is possible to use the n810 applications on the n900? I desire to make use of the GPE suite of calendar, contacts, as well as to do. Will they all function on the Nokia n900? Does the N900 come through a To Do application? I have just seen Contacts and Calendar. If you have any idea regarding to this please let me know, Thank you in advance.

Re: Can I use Nokia n810 Applications on Maemo 5 (n900)

I believe GPE will be pretty much out of date because we have appropriate PIM on the Nokia N900. Several will run right away and most will be ported insignificantly. However a suitable port and updated UI is for all time preferable. Yes. It is known as "Tasks" furthermore it's accessed all the way through the Calendar application.

Has anybody seen any screenshots or else videos of this? In reality, thinking concerning it, I have seen only just several videos of the Calendar application in any way. The application I would be mainly worried regarding having running on Fremantle which is presently OS2008 just is the HAVA Mobile Player – I am not certain how rapidly they prepare on updating it, also I make use of it all the time. Would there be any predictable issues by means of that application in particular?

Garnet VM runs on my n900. And this is the common error while installing the package (that maemo-select-location doesn’t be present) however it includes to the menu as well as appears to run ok, even though I have just finished negligible testing. I believe the maemo-select-location thing be able to be fixed by upgrading without that command in the postinst. I am not certain if palm application will install appropriately although, the ones I have attempted say they installed however don’t come into view in garnet.

Qole made a doll "maemo-select-menu-location" on the way to avoid mistakes, however do not really have the functionality. Install the package on the way to avoid the errors that occur at what time you install the packages that have not behaved appropriately. Curiously sufficient, the package has as well been deployed to the Diablo extras, which is never essential, as there is the functionality of the box. Works fine on the N800, as well as the ZLauncher is not mandatory. Just open such as, the dates of application to enter PalmOS, after that choose the card you put some files. Hope this information have cleared all your doubts regarding to this trouble.