Thread: Headset never switches off in nokia c5

Headset never switches off in nokia c5

I have a very strange problem with the nokia c5. The problem is with the headphone of the nokia c5. Well the problem is that when I plugin the headphone to the cell phone. The headset icon appears in the phone. I can talk properly with the help of the headphones. I have noticed that whenever I remove the headphones the icon does not get removed from the screen. the icon still appears. Now I cannot talk normally because the phone thinks I am in the headset mode and there is no sound while I am talking without the headset. Repeated number of plugging and unplugging also did not help me much. The last possible solution that I have to try is to restart the cell phone. So do you have any solutions for this problem. If you have then do share it with me.

Re: Headset never switches off in nokia c5

Looking at the problem it seems there is some problem with the headphones of the phone that you are using. Always ensure that the headphones that you are using is of the nokia. There are many dupplicate items available in the market today which specify that it comes from nokia. So it is always advisable to use the proper nokia headphones . So that you don't get to see such problems again. So do try changing the headphones and see if there is any changes. This is the initial methods that you can try if you don’t get appropriate solution for it then I will suggest you some other solutions.

I think so you must have an update of the firmware that you are using. So first do try updating the firmware that you are using. This will definitely give you some changes In the solutions. So do try updating your firmware first. The second cause of the problem may be due to he faulty headphones that you are using. It might be a possibility that your cell phone does not recognize the headphones properly. So that’s why it is not getting to know when you are plugging in and when you are disconnecting. So do have a look at this options. There might be a possibility that this will solve your problem.

I think the best solution would be to report this problem to the nearest nokia service center for the problem. Do take your cell phone and show the problem they will suggest you some solutions or they will take your cell phone for repairing and they will return it back to you in some days. So do try this method it will work. As for now you can try changing the headphone for the mobile and check if it gives the same problem here also. If it gives then the problem is with the cell phone and if it does not then you must know who is the culprit.

Thanks everyone for the solutions. My headphones belong to the original nokia manufacturer and I have purchased it from the certified nokia center. So I really don’t think so headphone is the real culprit. Updating the firmware is still left. So possibly that is the last option that I am looking now. If you have any other ideas or solutions for my problem then do let me know as soon as possible. Anyways thanks for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.

I have exactly the same problem with a nokia E5....any help appreciated
    genuine phone and headset plugs in ok but if you take it out it the phone thinks its still connected
    software is up to date
    only solution is to power it off and on restart it asks what type of headset you are using....if you cancel this request it returns to normal until the next time you use its headset

This is due to the jack which gets bad due to rust, moisture, etc. I had faced this issue when still my phone shows me the headphone icon. The only way to fix the same is showing it to the service center. Due to moisture or rust over the jack inside the phone, where it is connected the phone still finds the jack connected. When that is wipe out it started working back again. Sometime it is also needed to replace the jack.