Thread: Flashing N800 Mac OS X

How to Flash N800 with Mac OS X

I am having the N800 mobile phone which I am being using since a couple of weeks with a Mac Osx on installed on it. I phone is undoubtedly working pretty well, but one problem that I am been facing from last three days is that , I am unable to update the phones firmware. The phones firmware is being used since the day I had purchased and I have heard from a friend of mine that the updated version of the flash is available and if you can you can easily download it through the flasher utility. So when I went to the site where we get all the Nokia’s handset I found that there was no such utility available for the Nokia n800 and Mac osx. Soall I would want to know that is there any other way such that we will be able to flash the N800 which is having Mac Osx on it.

Re: Flashing N800 Mac OS X

Why don’t you try out the2.0 Flasher for flashing the N800 and see if it works for you or not. The 2.0 flasher utility is just like the Usb device that will help to load the updated version of the firmware directly through the usb. This device will make the update of your firmware possible, which can be termed as how do the booting from the usb. If you are able to get the upgrade done then it is good for you if not then please feel free to post again, we will surely think about an another solution. I hope that it will surely do the trick for you.

Guys you should try out the 770 Flasher, this flasher has been specially designed for the Nokia mobile phones, this flasher provides very easier and relevantly good and more precise way to update the firmware of your mobile phone. Although I am not sure whether this device will work or not for the Mac OSx but I think that you should give a try and check out if It helps you in updating the firmware that you currently have in your N800.

The 2.0 flasher that you have mentioned didn’t worked for me as it was just for the firware upgrade that was having the Windows operating system on it. Also the 770 Flasher wasn’t able to deliver the phone the specific update for the phone since it was not for the Mac osx. I have tired various other options so as to update the firmware of the Nokia N800 but none of then helped me in solving my problem. I would really want to update the firmware since I have got bored of what I am currently having.

I think that you should try the G4 PB flasher that will help you in flashing the N800 which is having the Mac Osx on it. G4 PB is specially designed for the Mac OSx operating system and by using this to upload the firmware of the Mac Osx on your mobile phone will surely make the thing quite easy for you. Just remember on thing that you make sure is that you should remove your memory cards and disconnect from power with the phone charged to full. Then connect to the PB usb port and then carry out the upgrade of the firmware. that you want to have in our phone .