Thread: How to perform n900 USB networking on windows xp sp3

How to perform n900 USB networking on windows xp sp3

Guys I am using N900 mobile phone that I had purchased few months back, I have been using the GPRS connection on my N900 phone with n o problem at all, I am getting very good speed with the connection on my mobile. Now the reason why I have posted is that, I would like to know how can I be able to set up a USB network from my Nokia N900 onto my computer system that is Windows xp sp3.Please mention all the necessary drivers that are needed to make this connection possible in full detail, as I don’t want to get in to some trouble after that.

Re: How to perform n900 USB networking on windows xp sp3

Although I haven’t tried it out on Nokia N900 since I don’t owe a one, but I have tried it out with the Nokia 770, which is also based on the same platform as the N900 has been developed. What I did fro connecting the phone onto the computer for the network is that I downloaded three files that are rndismpx.sys, Nokia770 USB Ethernet RNDIS,usb8023x and installed onto the system. Also, we should have the suite of the Nokia N900 properly installed onto our system. Carry out the instruction that are given to set up a network and then you will have to ping the server address from your system after you have connected the device to the computer. I hope this will surely work for you.

Hey good to see this kind of post already on the forum as I was also facing the problem of creating a network on my computer system, through the N900. I have also done the same thing that it has been written on the post . I have all the drivers that are necessary to carry out the internet connection and have got the files and the pc suite installed on my system .But when I try to ping to my server address that is ping 192.168.2.15,it doest work. I don’t get any packets that are being send or received. So guys any one who has previously solved this please reply quickly.

This is the proper solution that is required to help connect the computer to the internet using your mobile phone. First of all, power up your gumstix with the serial console. The computer will prompt for the usb device, so plug the USB cable into the computer system and the gumstix. Now you will get the dialog box on the desktop once you the system detect the new hardware. In the first dialog box, Choose No and then next. After that in the next dialog box, you will have to choose "Install from a list or specific location" and click Next . Once again you will get a dialog box and over her you will have to Select "Network Adapters" and click Next. Find the directory containing the linux.inf file. The directory containing the linux.inf file will be shown. Click OK. Select the "Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget" that you have got installed on your system and click Next. And finally, the last step is to click the finish button, this will complete all the operation and you will surely be connected to the internet.

Thank you very much for the reply friends, I have got my problem solved and I am successfully connected to the internet using my N900 mobile phone and I hope that all the other guys that are facing the same problem also have cleared theirs problem. Now I can enjoy more by connecting the internet through my computer system. I like this forum very much as I always get a right kind of solution , this phone also really Rocks. Thank you all!!!