Thread: N900 usb cable for data and charging

N900 usb cable for data and charging

Hello friends I have lost my usb cable that had come with the Nokia N900 pack when I was traveling in a train, and now I would want to definitely buy a new one. I am having very less cash and also would want to get a proper usb cable that will surely transfer all the data properly without any problem. I have heard that the usb cable that we buy online with the help of eBAy usually does not provide the user with a perfect charging effect. All the usb cables are some how or the other are defected in some way out the other. But the thing is that the eBay provides the usb cable in a bit cheap rate as compared to what we get outside. Since I always want allot of data to get transferred most of the time so, I would want any one of you to suggest me which cable should I prefer form where and at a cheap cost.

Re: N900 usb cable for data and charging

Since you don’t want to get into any kind of troubles after you have purchased the cables while you transfer the data, it would be better that you should buy the original cable from the NOKIA center since even if gets damaged then also you will be able to get it replaced if you are in the guarantee period. I know that the price would be more as compared to what you are getting it online via ebay, but then also I think its better to spend now then spending it again after the cable again gets damaged. Hope you understand what I am trying to say and act accordingly.

Hey friend I have even purchased the same cable from eBay last week and I have got it working preety well till now. I am also able to successfully transfer data too and from the computer to the device and vice versa. Also, the charging seems to be good enough and I always get my phone charged quickly as I insert it into the usb slot. If you are that lucky then I think that you will surely be able to get the cable running smoothly without any problem. Also, eBAy provides good services so you will be able to get the device delivered at our doorstep in no time.

It would be hard to find a data cable for N900 that will perform both the data transfer as well as the charging for the device. The data cable will charge when connected to your computer which will allow sufficient power to be pinched. A charger cable is a cable that particularly have the data lines disable and shorted out, to work with diminishing short usb chargers. So I think that you will only get the data cables that are desired for the N900 through the eBay portal, we can try to find out in your locality about the price and availability and if found and good then go for it or else you wil have to buy it from the eBAy.

I think that this kind of peculiar functionality is still not available in the market, however I would like to suggest you that we can create a cable with a switch between data and charging. This will allow the usb cable to perform both the functions of charging as well as data transfer, as decided by which switch we will be putting to use. But then also , there is a huge set back in using this where in if you connected it to your system with the switch set to charging then this will damage the whole system.