Thread: How to extend n900 battery life

How to extend n900 battery life

Hey guys I have got some query related to increase in the battery life of the Nokia N900, as it does consumes a lot of power and so I would want to know that how can we be able to increase its battery life so as to make even more use of the N900 for various purposes. I am really fed up of this N900 as it is really taking a lot of power such that I not in a position to run more than 5 hours in a day after one single charge. I have to carry my charger where ever I go and that is why it is really a irritating task for me. Can some expert who knows each and every thing related to the internal parts of the phone can suggest me with some options so as to increase the battery life.

Re: How to extend n900 battery life

One of the options that you can try out is that you can use multiple batteries one at a time in your mobile phone and then when one dies you can replace that with the other. I know that this si some thing weird as you will have to charge both the batteries once you are leaving home but then also I guess as from the point of a general user, this will be the simplest technique so as to increase your battery life which indirectly increases your phones life. I am not that very technically sound and that is why just to help in suggesting you about the problem, I have come with this simplest solution.

There are various ways through which you can increase the battery life of your N900, I have asked about the same problem from the team of the Nokia through their forum and they have come up with all these various solutions. The first one is that you can power your N900 over usb to keep device running when switching batteries. This will enable you to drive more power from the mobile phone in the event that the phone is always connected to the usb through the computer such that the battery keeps on charging each and every time it has been connected to the usb, this will charge the battery as long as it is connected and you will be to enjoy more sort of phone use.

I have also got one solution for the problem, but I doubt whether this will work or not but then also its better to give it a try and see if you are able to overcome your problem. The solution could to keep the connectors continuously plugged in inorder to harmod one of the battery of your N900 and attach that to the cover. This solution is probably very extreme but I think that we can and will be abel to make full us of it once we are ready with the setup. Also, one other way is to supply power to keep the N900 alive during battery switch, which I think will undoubtly will help you in overcoming the problem of low power battery.