Thread: HP Pavilion Dm1z won't Boot

HP Pavilion Dm1z won't Boot

I need urgent help my HP Pavilion DM1z laptop was working fine until two weeks ago, when i shut it off again and I want to turn the laptop on the lights are on but the screen the screen is in black and will not start, also the light some time blinks while remains off for most of the times. Please help me to get my laptop working back. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Re: HP Pavilion Dm1z won't Boot

By the symptoms which you have described above, you may inadvertently have taken some bad beat and you may loosen some wires, or loosen a hard drive cable, unless you tell us something else happens, such as installing any other program Part of Avast. Also try to scan your system and check if it is infected with some virus or malwares. Hopefully the problem will be diagnosed.

Hi guys, exactly the same problem with a Compac 3315LA (HP) with Avast existing warranty, what happened to my uncle, check the machine does not work Login to safe mode or command prompt, or restore, or press F11 to reinstall windows of the hidden partition, go ahead and hang up and save your data to a CD boteable linux Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04, and call for service Hp, after they teased me saying that pass test from the bios and talk half an hour, they pedi discs give me the reinstallation of HP in CDs, picked them up and they told me, and just not ripped the discs began to load and hung what could be done to diagnose this problem.

Try pressing F8 at boot and when it reaches the screen that gives you the boot options try choosing to enter safe mode. If this does not work and the time which has the computer maybe you should enforce the warranty. Even you should try to install an antivirus applcation like the Miscrosoft Security Essential which is available freely install it and check for viruses Remove all the viruses which are detected. If the problem is not resolved still then It might be because of a hardware failure so warranty will definitely help you to get your laptop repaired and the problem will be fixed.