Thread: Nokia N8 restarts after launching OVI maps

Nokia N8 restarts after launching OVI maps

I have the cell phone here with me and I have Nokia N8. No issue with the cell phone. I have just purchased and everything else is working fine on the cell phone. I have on issue with this however. The issue is with the Ovi Maps application that this cell phone has there. I have seen that whenever I launch the Ovi Maps application the cell phone restarts. Usually it used to happen when I use to launch the application it just use to restart once but now I have seen that if I launch the application then it restarts again and again. For the last time I have seen that it was doing this for about 5 times. I just took the phone and then switched it off and removed the battery. Now it is working fine. I do not want to launch the application again and see this trouble on the cell phone. But I want to know what can be the reason for this and want to get out of the issue. Please let me know if there is any way by which I can get the OVI maps to work on the cell phone properly. Hope that I will get response soon.

Re: Nokia N8 restarts after launching OVI maps

It seems to me that you are getting the issue because of the application that you are trying to use is not at all compatible with the cell phone. I would really like you to ask what is the version of the OVI maps that you are using on your cell phone? It seems that the version is the v3.04 and if that is there then it will be simply great if you can have the application upgraded. I would like you to get the v3.06 of OVI maps. I am sure that you will for sure get this working in your case. The thing is that you have just purchased the cell phone and hence it might be having the latest firmware and it might not be able to find the compatibility with the OVI Maps application and hence resulting in the issues there. Hope that my post will really make some difference.

I really see the issue in some other way. It seems to me that you are having the issue not because of the application. It seems to me that you need to have the firmware upgraded on your cell phone. I would like you update the firmware of the cell phone to this version V11.012. I really want to make the point that you will not at all have the issue in updating the firmware. The firmware update that I am taking about will be accessible via OTA (Over The Air) and if you do not find it from there then you can have the same via Nokia Software Updater (NSU). With this update you will not only get boost in the performance but if there are some of the bugs then it might also get fixed with this. I am sure that the update will work in your case.

You can try to have the soft reset on the phone and see if that can really solve the issue that you are getting here. You will not at all lose any kind of the data that you are having on your cell phone and hence you will not be required to make any back up as well. This option will only restore the .ini files from ROM. IN order to proceed with the things you will be required to go in the main menu of Nokia. IN that main menu you will have to tap Settings option. Under the settings option go to Phone and then select Phone mgmt. Now you can select the Factory Settings option. Once you select this then you will be offered two options viz. restore and the other one will be delete data and restore. What you have to do is select the first one.

I just want to tell you what was the issue that I had with the OVI Maps application on the cell phone of mine. Actually I had lost the OVI Maps application from the cell phone and I had lost this when I had formatted the cell phone. When I was searching for the application it was allowing me to install v3.06 of OVI Maps and that too via OVI Suite. This new version of the OVI maps was using the new maps 00.02.41.123 and hence was not working in, my case. So if you are having OVI Maps v3.06 then I would really like you to Nokia Beta Labs in your cell phone. You will have to make use of the Nokia ID and Password for the same. You will have the latest maps for you after installing this updates. Get this and see if the issue gets solved.

I would really like you to have the HARD RESET on the cell phone and I am sure that if there is some issue because of the software bugs or there are some issues with the cell phone then it might really help you. While going with this make sure that you have the backup done on your cell phone. As there are chances that you might lose the data on the cell phone. You can turn off the cell phone. Then press the Volume Down button then the Camera Key and then the Menu Key; keep all the keys pressed. Now you will have to press the power button till the mobile phone vibrates. Keep all the four keys pressed till the screen on the cell phone comes back again. It seems that some of the application were getting clashed. In stall all the things again.