Thread: Nokia N8 Call logs empty on the next day

Nokia N8 Call logs empty on the next day

Is Nokia going to take care of the issues that this cell phone is having or not? I have this Nokia N8 and it was just working fine this morning. I was with my friend and I asked for his number and he gave me the missed call. Well I thought I will save the number after reaching the home. However when I was back I just forgot to make save it. ON the next day I just got remembered that I need to save his number. When I opened up the cell phone I was really shocked to see that the cell phone was not having call in the list. I mean to say that the call log was completely empty. I really want to know what is going on with the cell phone. Is there any way by which I can have the call log back; and in addition to this is there a way by which I can have this stopped so that I cannot have this troubling me in the future. I really count on your suggestions. Please help me.

Re: Nokia N8 Call logs empty on the next day

I would like you to see if you can just have the log duration set to some other value. It really seems to me that you have set the value there to one or also it may be the thing that it must have got set to this value there. Just make the change there and see if what I have said really works in your way. In my case I have set it to 30 days. Please make this change in your case as well and see if that can make the difference. Will be waiting for your response.

Setting the log duration was the thing that I would have also suggested you. Well I think that you have got the suggestion on this. In addition to this I just want to know what was the reason that might have caused you the issue. Are you using two SIMS? It seems to me that you might have swapped the older one from the cell phone and you might have inserted the other one and hence you are getting the issue. Well if that is the case then let me tell you that when you pull out the battery from the cell phone then all the call logs get vanished. Sure with this.

Are you making use of the application i.e. any third party application that will be managing the call logs and the contacts there. Just try to avoid this there and let me know if what I have said really goes in your way. In addition to this also see that you can have the update for the application as well done for you. You can really have this working in your case. In addition to this I just want to make the point that this mobile phone has a lot of issues and it will be better if you can have the software and the firmware updated on the cell phone. Let me know about the same.

It really seems to be some sort of bug with the cell phone. The bug is because in the manner the log is making use of the memory. IN my opinion the LOG is not capable to store all the communications records. In addition to this please make sure that you are not having any issue with the SMS, Packet Data and Wifi data transfers. I can only hope that NOKIA will come out soon with some sort of fix for all this issues there. On the trial basis if you want you can just try to clear the log and then set the recording limit to 10 days. Hope that this can help you with the issue.

If it is a software update and you are really not finding any solution in this case then you can try to have the cell phone reset. Here is the way that you can go with. IN the Nokia N8 go to Main Menu there. There you will be required to go in the Settings option and then you will be required to select the Phone option. After this select Phone mgmt and then choose Factory Settings. You will get two options namely RESTORE and Delete Data and Restore. You will have to select the second option there i.e. Delete Data and Restore; see if this can fix the bug on the cell phone.