Thread: Preinstalled Quickoffice not working on Nokia N8

Preinstalled Quickoffice not working on Nokia N8

I have Nokia N8 mobile phone. Apart from the issues that I am having with the cell phone the issue that I am having with the cell phone is with the preinstalled Quickoffice on the cell phone. This application was really working fine on the cell phone but recently once of my fried got hold of this and updated this application to the latest version. I want to have this working in my case again and I will really be happy to have any possible solution in the case here. I will be really glad to know what are the things that I can do so that I can have the cell phone working in the same manner as it was working before.

Re: Preinstalled Quickoffice not working on Nokia N8

Really that is very annoying that your friend installed something that is really troubling you. I think that you will be required to use the code so that you can format the phone. I would have really asked you to do in the usual manner but I think that using the code will really help you in making the difference in your case. On the cell phone type the following code: *#7370# and after dialing it press the Yes option so that the format can proceed. While proceeding with this you will be required to enter the security code. If you have not changed it then by default it will be 12345. Try this and in addition to this also make sure that while doing all this you have the back up of all the data that you have on your cell phone so that you may not get in trouble in future.

I would like you to get the matter solved by just making use of the soft reset. It seems to me that this method will really solve the issue that you are having there. For this what you have to do is go to the Main menu of the Nokia N8 and then select the Settings option there. The soft reset will only restore the .ini files and I am pretty sure that this will make a remarkable difference. Under the settings option go to Phone and then select the Phone mgmt option. Under the Phone mgmt option you can select the Factory Settings option and then finally select the first option Restore.

I would like you to see if you can have the current version of the Quickoffice uninstalled that you are having on the cell phone. I am sure that you will have the same uninstalled going to the UDA by making use of the Nokia Editor. In my case however it just got uninstalled automatically. After this you can have the compatible version of the Quickoffice from the official site. You can navigate to this site: http://www.quickoffice.com. Hope that you will be able to get the perfect match for the application that you are looking for. Get it installed and see if that it is working in the older manner.

You want to get the current version of the Quickoffice then here is the thing that you will be required to follow. First of all Download Nokia Editor. After that you will have to create a path I made the same here: C:\CFW\NokiaEditor Beta5. After making the path extract the my cleaner-1.0.0-BETA.rar to the above path. Now open the FW-Core file and make the extraction there. Now you will be required to change the name of rofs2 folder to core. Now go to this location core\system\install and you will see all preinstalled apps there. Open the Command Prompt and then switch to the location where my cleaner folder is located. Now run cleaner.exe. Now wait for the work of the tool to get finished. This will for sure remove the application.

I would simply say that your cell phone required a hard reset and here is the way by which you can have this done. The things are really simple but you can really go with this. You will be required to press the VOLUME DOWN button and the CAMERA key and the Menu Key. Before this you will have to shut down the cell phone. All the three buttons will be required to be pressed at the same time. Once you are done with this then you will be required to press the Power key. Keep on holding the keys till the Mobile screens come up in the normal manner.