Thread: How to update applications on Nokia N8

How to update applications on Nokia N8

I am the owner of Nokia N8 and I really love this cell phone. Well it has been not a long time with the cell phone but I really like the company of the cell phone. Now the thing for which I have come here. I just want to know how I can have the applications on the cell phone updated. I had tried for once but I was not able to make the connection properly. It was getting freeze and hence I disconnected the connection. Now the issue is that when I tried again going for the updates it juts says that you cannot have the updates for your cell phone. This is the very first installation that I had tried to make on the cell phone. Can you all please let me know what can be the changes made here so that I can have the application updated.

Re: How to update applications on Nokia N8

You can try to change the date on the cell phone and then you can give this a try for sure. While changing the date make sure that you place the forward date and then only you go for the installation of the updates. Actually the thing is that when you had made the connection at the first time it might have taken long for the things to happen and you might have considered it as freeze. Actually when you go for the installation of the application for the first time there are some of the things that have to be done. Now, once you have disconnected the connection; by the time the updates must have been sent and hence you cannot have the update installed with keeping the same date. I would like you to change the date to the coming date and then for sure you will have the update installed in your cell phone. Try this and let me know if you were really able to have the updates.

I do not think that changing the date will really help you. Well you can give this a try. IN addition to this I would like you to make use of the Nokia Software Updater and see if that can really help you in getting the updates for the cell phone that you actually want to have. IN addition to this please make sure that the Nokia Software Updater that you are actually using is of the latest version. As it may happen that if you are not having the latest version of the Nokia Software Updater then you may not get the software updated soon and then you might see the issue there. IN addition to this I am of the opinion that you will be able to get the updates via the OTA (On The Air) service as well. Give this a try for once.

Getting the software updated is really not a bigger issue. In order to have that working in your case in the proper manner let me tell you that you will be required to have the latest firmware as well. While making the updates make sure that the battery of the cell phone is also charged so that you may not get ended in the middle of something. Also while making the update if you are making via PC then see that the USB cable that you have used is not broken so that you might get the connection issue as well. See for all this basic things and let me know if you were able to have the updates.

Good idea to have the updates in this manner. But it would have been really nice if you can have the cell phone reset and then you give the try to the updates. It might happen that the previous installed files that you are having in the cell phone may be causing you the conflicting issue. So it will be really nice if you can go with the following steps and see if that really made difference. Switch of the cell phone and then press the VOLUME DOWN button the CAMERA key and the MENU key and then Power key. Press all the buttons. Before going with this make sure that you have backup of all the data that are thereon your cell phone. When the screen will come back normal then it means that the reset is complete.

It will be nice if you can have the update all by yourself but if the case is that you are not getting the updates for the application then you can just go to the service center and then you can have the updates done from them. Also they will install the applications that you will be requiring. In addition to this they will also get you the proper updates and that too without violating the warranty. Hope that they will really help you.