Thread: Will MeeGo 1.2 run on N900?

Will MeeGo 1.2 run on N900?

Guys I am having the Nokia N900 which I have installed the latest operating environment that is the Meego 1.1 . I have got my phone working smoothly with this software and still I haven’t met with any problem. Just yesterday I heard from a friend of mine that the Meego 1.2 update is available and that we can easily download that and install in our N900 mobile phones. I was very happy to know this as would also wanted to have even more updated version of the Meego, but the problem is that before installing the Meego one thought came to my mind that the Meego 1.2 requires 512 MB of Ram where as the Nokia N900, just handles 256 Mb Ram. So guys if I install the latest update on my mobile phone then will I be able to run the phone normally, or will I face any problem.

Re: Will MeeGo 1.2 run on N900?

Well of course, each and every one who installs the latest update on the N900 is going to face the problem, because the N900 is very slow and it will not go along nicely with the Meego 1.2 update. The more the higher version the more space it will require and the more speed it will require to run the operating system smoothly. Apart from this I think that the graphics that the Meego 1.2 will require will be a way too much to be handled easily by the N900, so I guess that it would be better if we leave the operating system, just as it and not create any unwanted problems.

I think that there could be some initial problem with the Meego 1.2 on the Nokia N900, but I think that after some time you will be able to get it running smoothly as this is just the beta version of the Meego 1.2 so as to test the software. I think that you need not worry about anything and go about through the installation, from where you will be able to install and run the Meego 1.2 on the Nokia N900 of your. The trick might be to keep the memory space as vacant as you can, not to overload the data and also deal with one application at a time. This might help you to some extent in getting the, Meego 1.2 worked on N900.

Hey friends I am also very desperate to get the Meego 1.2, installed on my Nokia N900, but I also the consequences of the software as it will make the N900 work slow because of the less RAM. So what I would like to know that is there any way through which I will be able to get the RAM of the N900 increased manually, like the hardware upgrades that we usually do on our computer system. If this is possible then we can all enjoy the updated Meego on our mobile phone, so guys please suggest as soon as possible.

Sorry to say but I think that there is no way through which any one will be able to get the hardware or the internal parts of the mobile phone updated until and unless you are a uber-hardware hacker. The internal components functionality are pre defined by the vendor and the manufacturer who helps in developing the mobile phone and only they will be able to bring about any changes to the hardware because they have got the internal knowledge of the mobile. So I guess that you will have to stick to what ever you have got in your mobile.