Thread: Will Meego run on Hp NX7400

Will Meego run on Hp NX7400

Hello friends help me to clear my doubt, I have a Hp NX7400 laptop on which I am running the linux ubuntu 10.4 operating system for quite some time now. But since I have heard about Meego operating environment, I would want to get the same installed on my laptop. So can any suggest me whether is it possible to install the Meego on this laptop as I would also want to get the experience of this new operating environment that has turned the whole world around with its functionality of providing a good user experience. If possible also suggest the steps that are required to upload the Meego on the Hp NX7400 laptop that I am using. Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Re: Will Meego run on Hp NX7400

I guess that if your laptop is based on the Intel’s processor chipset then I think that it would not be possible to get the Meego installed and running on the laptop that you are using, Although I haven’t tried but if you want you can try it by yourself and see if you are able to get the installation possible. You will have to go to the official site of the Megoo from where you can download the Meego and then install it in either a USB or a CD and then install it in your laptop.

Can you provide me with the full configuration of your laptop, this Meego Operating Environment really requires allot of space as well as very high graphics configuration to run it completely and smoothly on any device. If your system or the laptop doesn’t have this kind of capability then I think that your Meego will cause allot of problems when you install it on your laptop, it can also cause a loss to all the personal data that you have kept on your laptop. So its better you should clear all the requirements that are necessary to install the Meego on any device so as to keep our self away from any problem.

I would like to add to the information that I have provided on my first post that is I would like to tell you all about my laptop configuration. The laptop is based on the Intel’s Centrino® Duo processor technology having Intel Core2 Duo Processor T5500, 1.66 GHz , 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB. Also , I have a 80 GB Hard disk on my laptop with Intel’s Graphics Media Accelerator 950 card. So looking to all this configuration can some help me to know that will I be able to store the Meego Operating Environment on my laptop. Please reply quickly as I am very desperate to have the Meego on my laptop.

Dude why would you want to install the Meego Operating System on your laptop since already you are having the Linux Ubuntu installed on the laptop. The reason behind is that there isn’t any greater difference between the two, if you are looking for a more graphical or HD environment then only go for the Meego Operating system, if not then its better to stick to the Linux version of ubuntu. Also, currently MeeGo is a separate OS distribution just as the similar way Ubuntu is an OS distribution so currently there is no proper way of getting to try MeeGo within Ubuntu.