Thread: N900 unable to run the KS file on Meego Core

N900 unable to run the KS file on Meego Core

Can some one please help me to get the problem solved, I am trying to use the following ks file for my Nokia N900 “ meego-core-armv7l-n900-1.0.80.16.20100824.1.ks”. When I execute the file with the help of the following commands I am always getting the error. This is what I try in the command line
    • sudo mic-image-creator --run-mode=0 --cache=mycachedir --format=raw --arch=armv7l --save-kernel --config=meego-core-armv7l-n900-1.0.80.16.20100824.1.ks

And when I hit enter I get the following error message
    • Installati: xorg-x11-server-Xorg ##################### [282/284]
    • Installati: xorg-x11-drv-evdev ##################### [283/284]
    • Installati: xorg-x11-drv-fbdev ##################### [284/284]
    • Running scripts
    • Traceback (most recent call last):
    • File "/usr/local/bin/mic-image-creator", line 793, in <module>
    • ret = main()
    • File "/usr/local/bin/mic-image-creator", line 747, in main
    • creator.package(destdir, "none", None)
    • TypeError: package() takes at most 2 arguments (4 given)

Has any else got the same error and knows how to overcome this, I would be thankful to any one who comes up with the right kind of solution.

Re: N900 unable to run the KS file on Meego Core

Well friend I would want to inform you that the above file which you are trying to execute, runs pretty well on my N900 and I have got no errors while using this file. One of the thing you should make it clear is that you should make sure that you are using the latest image creator, which you can easily get and install on your mobile phone from the Meego official site. Once you do this then you go on normally as you were doing while executing the file and this time you will surely able to execute it with no problems.

I have got the latest version of the image creator and still I am not able to execute the KS file with the commands that I have mentioned. I have installed the Meego many times hoping that there could be some problem in the software itself but what I found that the problem still persist. Is there something wrong with the KS file or is that the commands that I am using are having some error and that is why I am not able to load and execute the file. So guys please give your quick suggestion.

It seems that you are not alone with the problem as I am also facing the same problem with the same KS file unable to execute on my Nokia N900. While creating the image I have found that the file stops breaks at various points and that I am not able to complete the operation of the image creation. I have even tried using the image creator by taking the snapshot and then creating in the git repository with the help of the following commands git://gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/image-creator.git. But still the problem persists and I am unable to get the following image creation done.

I was also getting the same error and this is what I did to resolve it to get the operation completed. I tried downloading and installing the MIC tool from the Meego repository that have come with the Meego package. My problem was that I didn’t have the latest version of the Meego, but instead of updating through the source code I followed the installation through the Meego repository itself. And after that I choose the same KS file to get the installation done and was quite successful in doing it. So you can try this option if you want and see if you are able to solve the problem.