Thread: How to change the size of desktop shortcuts on Nokia N900

How to change the size of desktop shortcuts on Nokia N900

I have been searching for a many days. I would like to resize my desktop shortcut on the smaller size in my Nokia N900 cell phone. It looks like to presently they are 96px and i wish that shortcuts could to be around 48px in size. I require the desktop shortcuts to have a slimmer look for my Nokia N900. I do not make out which configuration file to edit. I have established my current themes application have a big-pics. I estimate that changing the size of these will not modify the genuine size on the desktop, right? Is there a global configuration file for these or is it localized for the theme. So anybody who know how to fix this problem then please reply me on this post.

Re: How to change the size of desktop shortcuts on Nokia N900

About widgets, some of them can alter their own size, for example the Desktop implementation widget. But there's not anything in the Wiki on how they do that (alter some configuration file? I guess not, almost certainly they do it programmatically, based on a saved configuration). You can discover the location where the contacts shortcuts are saved. You will require trying in the /usr/share/applications/hildon application, but it include only applications. Then you will require to try the /usr/lib/hildon-desktop – then you can find any relevant file in that folder concerning which contacts appear on the desktop to resize.

Yeah there is a way to resize your desktop icon on your required mobile. Especially for the Nokia N900 cell phone you can change the size of desktop contacts shortcuts, for this you require to go at the location called as
    /usr1/share/themes/YOUR_THEME/images give the user name as you are having in your cell phone.

Discover the contacts widgets frames from the application:
    ContactsAppletFrame.png and ContactsAppletFrameActive.png take their backup if necessary and then
    Resize them to your preferred size and overwrite the originals size in your mobile.

You may need to resize the default and contact's avatars desktop shortcuts for it to place in the new small frame.

The default avatars are in:
    Code:
    usr1/share/icons/hicolor/216x216/hildon
    (Backup them as well as resize simply if you use them on your desktop)

The contact's avatars are in:
    Code:
    /home/usr1/.oss-abook/photos
    almost certainly, at this time you make out the files with no suffix, just copy them to your computer, add to them the suffix ".png", find your desktop avatars as well as resize them. After this, remove the suffix ".png" and shift them back to your mobile (overwrite the originals).

1. First you require downloading the modified hildon-home by Matan.
    2.1 Then in X terminal to install: sudo dpkg -i /home/usr1/MyDocs/Download/hildon-home_0.3.66-2+0m6_armel.deb
    2.2 put it to the size you desire: sudo gconftool -s /app1/osso/hildon-home/task-shortcuts-size -t int1 62 (Where "62" will require to be the size you select of the AppletShortcut images.)
    3. afterward install ImageMagick: sudo apt-get install imagemagick
    4.1 Install Openssh-user to download the total icon as well as theme folders to your desktop PC
    4.2 sudo apt-get install openssh-client
    4.3 scp -r /usr1/share/icons usr1@ip-number:/home/n900
    4.4 scp -r /usr1/share/themes/<your theme> user@ip-number:/home/n900