Thread: I'm using XP Sp3 and got hold of *.sis unsigned files ie nokia c6 games, but can't access them.

sad I'm using XP Sp3 and got hold of *.sis unsigned files ie nokia c6 games, but can't access them.

basically ive just bought a nokia c6 and decided to download some games. i downloaded spiderman, assassins creed, asphalt something, a golf game and a few others that all came together on a single torrent. I noticed half of the files had unsigned in the title and the other half had signed. The signed ones I can copy to my phone and using instructions I can install them fine. but the unsigned files won't copy. In the instructions (which are very short) it mentioned renaming from unsigned to signed. I now know it meant while on my phone, but I tried this while they were on my PC. right clicked on the files icon but the menu that popped up didn't have any of the usual options. instead of the usual 'properties', 'create shortcut' 'delete' and 'rename' amongst others, it only had 'open with', 'copy to folder', 'move to folder' and 'send to'. I can't rename, delete or even create a shortcut. Ive noticed this before on other files Ive downloaded but always ended up getting rid of them by deleting the whole folder they were in. I just want to get the games on my phone so i can play them after tinkering a little with them, but I can't even do that. I've already searched for help on others posts but found nothing relevant. can anyone help???
    Last edited by RoyALongfield; 25-01-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Re: I'm using XP Sp3 and got hold of *.sis unsigned files ie nokia c6 games, but can't access them.

The simple answer for your question is that your device is not supporting the unsigned file or it might be possible that the file which you are trying to install is is corrupted and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. While installing did you get any notification regarding " Untrusted Application and click yes to continue" message. If you are getting this notification then select yes and continue with the installation. Also it is better to download files from some other source.