Thread: Wi-Fi is not working in Nokia N900 after installing Wi-Fi switcher

Wi-Fi is not working in Nokia N900 after installing Wi-Fi switcher

I unexpectedly have a main problem with my Nokia N900. Two days ago I was attempting to install the app 'WiFi Switcher' which was supposed to make wonder as extreme as battery life troubled. The thing is that because installing this particular app I not able connect to any WiFi no matter which on my mobile. I attempted to uninstall along with reinstalling the app but the problem yet remains there. As I think, because the app takes down the kernel modules for the WiFi, something may have been trapped as well as now it's not functioning properly. Is there any technique to force the system to reload the modules physically? My Nokia N900 was performing completely perfectly for the past 2 months before this thing happened.

Re: Wi-Fi is not working in Nokia N900 after installing Wi-Fi switcher

You will require to Uninstall as well as the reboot the device properly and it should be fine but you should with the help of the application manager. I believe that the problem you report is most certainly arising because of the particular connection settings you have use may have one of the few bugs associated to the faulty Nokia N900 wifi driver that have to remain with your wifi radio in a insensitive state. Another prospect is that you have a hardware problem in your mobile but I think that it is rare.

I don’t there is any issue the installed Wi-fi switcher in your mobile. The thing that I observe on Nokia N900 is that I too have a WifiSwitcher in my mobile I also faced quite some like problem, so what you should do is to restart the router; it works as normal again, all the time. So use the WifiSwitcher it will connect to the wireless connection. So you will need to restart your router as well as observe what happens? For me, just restart the router solves my problem.

You will try to perform restore factory settings in your cell phone; it might solve the problem in your mobile. After performing so it will try to connect to any free network but not mine which is wpa1 protected! I would come to this ultimately, since I typically close the router at nights but you saved from lots of assumption as well as reasoning. So, problem will be solve for your mobile too, other than I would actually love to make out if a substitute technique (using the terminal) exists! Restoring the factory settings in other mode solve the problem.

I think that it is might possible to check your wifi setting in your mobile if not having with the Wifi switcher, possibly your wifi is in power saving mode may be on currently on your mobile and the transmission power should not keep high enough as it is on 10 mW as resist to 100mW. From your problem it give the impression like the n900 establish your wifi but for some grounds the signal is not strong in adequate amount of for it to transfer an packages etc for the web so attempt to modify ur power setting as well as the transmission power of your wifi.