Thread: Nokia N8 Speed Dial hangs cell phone

Nokia N8 Speed Dial hangs cell phone

Hope that I am not the only one having this issue here. On my Nokia N8 that I am having have seen that when I try to make use of the speed dial the phone just keeps on hanging. I had not the issues before but suddenly I have seen this weird behavior on the cell phone and I really want to know how I can have the speed dial working back again. The thing is that when I press the number that is assigned to the contact; then phone just starts to freeze. After getting hanged then it just restarts. I was really under the impression that cell phones from Nokia are really handy and are long lasting but after seeing the issues with this very basic feature I really think that going with some other cell phone would have been really the optimal choice. Has anyone faced this kind of issues before and if yes then please let me know how I can have this issue solved for me. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Nokia N8 Speed Dial hangs cell phone

On the very basic note let me tell you that this is not the issue with the cell phone that I am having here with me. On my Nokia N8 the speed dial feature is really working fine and hence I really think that there must have been something wrong from your side. I would like you to look for the settings again and see if you have some trouble right there. On the solution if you want you can give a try to the following steps and see if that can really help you in any manner. You can try to set up the speed dial on your Nokia N8. Give this a try and then let me know if that really made the difference in your case. First of all pleas make sure that the contact for which you are setting speed dial has the contact number and has been saved in the Contacts app. Now you will be required to open up Settings and then you will be required to go in Calling option by selecting it. Under this very option you will be required to select the Speed dialing option. Now select the number that you want to assign to the contact. Save it and then see if you can make the call using the speed dial feature. Hope that you will really see this helping you in your way.

It seems that you must have inserted some of the special characters and that may be really causing you the trouble. What I would really suggest you to do is remove all the special characters in the contact. Hope that it will really help you with the issue. You must have enter the contacts in the following fashion: +(country) (area) (number). So if that is really the case then you will have to manually delete the white spaces between the numbers. As you must be knowing that white spaces are also considered as special character. You can consider the plus (+) sign at the beginning of the number but I really do not think that you will be able to have the white spaces there. Just revise for the following things and then let me know if what I have said really goes in your way there.

The phone getting hanged, I really think that there is some issues within the software of the phone that it has there. Well if that is really the case then I would only recommend that it will be nice if you can just have the hard reset done on your cell phone and see if that can solve some of the software issue that your cell phone might be having. I would have asked you to have the Firmware upgraded but as you have mentioned that the cell phone is the new one so I really do not think that updating the firmware will be a god idea to go with. All you will be required to do is Switch of the cell phone. Now you will have to press three keys together the Volume Down button the Camera Key and the Menu Key simultaneously. Now while pressing the three buttons you will have to press the power button till the phone starts to vibrate. Now wait for the screen to turn back properly.

I think that this is the issue with the cell phone that has been seen lately. I simply think that you are having the issue because of the Memory Card. In my case the cell phoneme was not able to read the contacts that were there on the cell phone. I think that there was an issue with the compatibility or there must have been some issue with the connection. What I did was simple; I just moved all the contacts on the Memory Card to the cell phone memory and now they are really working with the cell phone. I have seen no issue with the cell phone. ON the trial basis I would like you to see for this step as well and see if this is the issue with your case as well. I am going to have the SD Memory Card replaced. Hope that I helped you.

If any of the solution that has been presented above work for you then it will be simply great. In addition to this if you want to have one more solution to this then you can simply go with scanning the cell phone against some sort of antivirus. If there would have been any issue like the malicious program then you can simply go with this. If that also does not solve the issue then you can simply go with replacing the cell phone. If you are under the warranty then I guess that this will really help you. Please let me know what you actually did that solved your issue.