Thread: Can magnets in cell phone pouch damage Android Phone?

Can magnets in cell phone pouch damage Android Phone?

I have the HTC Desire and my brother has the one as well. Now the thing is that I do not use the cell pouch as such for the cell phone of mine; but my brother has the cell pouch and that too having the magnet near the closure. Now I have seen that he is telling that his cell phone is not working properly. I have even seen that it is hanging a lot. Also I have seen that the screen sometimes gets discolored and when I restart the cell phone I see that it gets the color back. Can you all please let me know if the magnets can have the effect on the cell phone? I was in the doubt and hence thought that it will be simply great to have the suggestion from you all there. Also in addition to this please let me know if I can have the issue covered under the warranty and if not then let me know what are the possible things that I can do in order to have the cell phone working in the stable manner as before.

Re: Can magnets in cell phone pouch damage Android Phone?

Yes it is true that the cell phone get affected because of the magnet and hence it is always advised that you keep the cell phone away from the magnetic objects. Well in most of the cases I have seen that this issue was never observed. Also in the cases that the magnets was proved to be the culprit was not at all sensitive as the one that you have mentioned in your post above. I really think that your brother must have dropped the cell phone and hence you are able to see the discolored effect. Please make sure that you do not have any physical damage on the cell phone and if there is really no issue as such then you can have the issue covered under the warranty. Physical damage is really not covered under the warranty as said before.

I do not think that the magnets that you are having in the pouch can bring out this sort of the disaster thing. I am using the Cell Phone Pouch and I have never seen this issue any time. I am using it on the Nokia Cell phone for the past three year and have really not got caught with such issues before. The magnet that is there on the cell pouch is not that powerful so as to come up with the issues. I am really of the opinion that your brother might be using the cell pouch that may not be the one from the reputed one and hence you are getting the issue. Please make a check on this and see if what I have pointed out is correct in any manner. Regarding the issue yes looking at the scenario it will be covered within the warranty.

It seems to me that you should make use of the pouches that are given by Verizon. I really have the one and let me tell you that I really find this more secure and at the same time really nice. Also the pouches that Verizon gives are much cheaper. The leather cases that Verizon gives has sides that are as thick as paper and one the same note are easily ripped and worn. I am really the fan of the pouches that they have come up with. The pouches are really elastic and hence you can just put the cell phone within it and you can have it secured for you. If you are thinking for having the pouch for you and for your brother then for sure you can go with this. Also in this pouch there are no magnets at all within the pouch.

Well the issue of getting the cell phone hanged and the display screen getting discolored does not seems to me because of the Magnet. I really think that it will be simply great if you can have the phone reset for once and then see if what I am saying is correct. In addition to this I would also like you to see if you can have the cell phone’s firmware updated as well. For resetting the cell phone all you will be required to do is go to the Home screen and then select the Menu option there. Under the Menu option you will have to see for the Settings option. Now you will have to search for the Privacy option there and under this you will have to select the Factory data reset option. Now tap the Reset phone option and then select the Erase everything option that you get on your screen.

Well if there is an issue with the magnet and you are definitely sure; if you ask me then I even think that the chances are very very little; you can try to put an extra layer of paper or say cloth so that you can have the effect of the magnetic field produced minimized to some extent. Well it can be that the Magnet that you have on the pouch is much closer to the cell phone; and if you want to minimize the effect then you can definitely go with this.