Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

I cannot view my cd rom drive in my hp laptop

Portable Devices

Old 24-01-2011

I cannot view my cd rom drive in my hp laptop

Iíve a hp pavilion laptop and Iím using windows xp operating system in my laptop. The problem is that I canít see my CD-ROM drive in my laptop. I donít understand why. Iíve tried many things to solve this but nothing has happen. Iíve checked control panel setting also but nothing work for me. Iíve done the following things: Iíve checked start, control panel, system, device manager, under dvd/cd drives Iíve open and look for caution icon but I canít delete that cautious icon. I donít understand what to do. Please tell me the solution to resolve this issue. Please help me.

Old 24-01-2011

Re: I cannot view my cd rom drive in my hp laptop

If youíre not able to see your cd drive in your system then I think there may be some problem in your IDE controller of your laptop. If the IDE controller of your system have some problem then your system will not detect your cd rom drive in your laptop. I think you need to update your IDE driver, you can update your IDE driver from online. You can go to your motherboard manufacturer website and update your IDE driver very easily. If your problem not resolve by updating the IDE driver then make sure your system did not add the old NOIDE registry. for checking that you can do a following things:
Click start in your system and run regedit, in the left panel you have to select the my computer.
Click edit--> find
type in NOIDE, click FIND, if it shows a entry then delete it restart your system.
Old 24-01-2011

sometimes the drivers which is install in your system get damage and you need to install that driver again in your system. may be your IDE controller driver have gone through this and you need to reinstall that driver again in your system. this driver is present in your motherboard cd. You have to install your motherboard cd. You have to reinstall your motherboard driver. First uninstall your motherboard driver from control panel and then install your motherboard cd again in your system. by doing this you can install a new IDE driver in your system.
Old 24-01-2011

please make sure that you have installed all your hardware driver properly. Check that you have installed your motherboard driver properly or not. If you have not installed your motherboard driver then youíll not get any sound in your system and you may have many problems. If you have installed the cd driver correctly and you still have a problem then I think you have to update your IDE controller driver. If there is something wrong with your IDE controller then you may get this type of problem, because your system will not detect your cd rom when any goes wrong with your IDE controller. So, you have to update your IDE driver from online.
Old 25-01-2011

Try to format your system and then reinstall your operating system again. If some system file are been deleted or damage then this type of problems are happens. Before formatting take all the backup of your data to avoid data loss. Once you have format the system then install a new operating system, install all the drivers and software in your system and then restart your system. check that youíre cd rom is visible or not, if you still canít see your cd rom then visit to a service center of your laptop, they will find out the actual problem.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,