Thread: Is Meego compatible with Nokia N97

Is Meego compatible with Nokia N97

Hey guys I am hearing allot of good things about this Meego framework and the easiness and the relevancy that it provides to that users while using their mobile phone. I have even heard that allot of Nokia mobile phones have been started using this framework as their operating system as well. So I would want to know that can this software can be made to run on the Nokia N97. I am having this mobile for some time now and I don’t want to give this device away so easily also at the same time I would want to make use of the meego frame work on my N97. So any one knows about my quer or even have some idea can please be free to reply. I am eagerly waiting for the reply, hope no ones disappoints me.

Re: Is Meego compatible with Nokia N97

Well, I think that by reading this you will surely get disappointed because the Meego will not run on the Nokia N97 mobile phone. The reason behind this is that it uses the ARM 11 434 MHz processor which is consider very slow as compared to the other processor that are available on the new version of the mobile platform. I think that even if it gets installed you will not be able to get it run smoothly as the Meego requires allot of RAM to run and which the N97 have a bit less. So no point in installing the Meego software on the Nokia N97.

The Meego is very high dimension operating system that requires allot of memory to run plus I think that the Nokia N97 internal memory is much less to hold the Meego frame work. Although I have not installed the Meego on the N97 mobile phone but I think that you should give a try and see if you are able to get it installed smoothly and even make it run normally. You can use the boot loader program that can help you in installing the Meego operating environment quite easily on the Nokia N97 . I hope that you will be able to get it installed by yourself.

Hey I have installed the Meego operating environment on my N97 external memory because the phone internal memory is less to hold the meego operating system completely. So I have installed it in the external memory so that the whole operating environment gets installed completely. My external memory still has allot of memory left but then also my phone processor is working very slowly. The Meego has got installed correctly but the applications are really taking allot of time to get load so is there any way so as to improve the processor speed.

Dear friend I think that the processor takes along time to load the operating system from the external memory as compared to what it takes to load from the internal memory. So I think that even if you have allot of memory vacant in the external memory vacant in the external drive then also, I think that the operating system will take a long time and will work very slowly. So its better to get it installed on the phone memory than the external memory.