Thread: Will meego run on nokia 5800

Will meego run on nokia 5800

Guys I have really fell in love with Meego after seeing it and using it on my friends N900, I would also like to have Meego on my mobile but the problem is that I am having Nokia 5800 so I would like to know that will this nokia phone support the meego operating system. I know that this is something very much silly to ask, but I would really love to have such kind of operating system on my mobile. So guys if there is any possible way so as to load the Meego Operating system on my Nokia 5800. I have a realy love for all the real life application and that is why I would want to have Meego as my operating system on my mobile. So guys please give your opinions quickly.

Re: Will meego run on nokia 5800

I don’t think so that your Nokia 5880 will handle the Meego Operating system, this application really requires too much of hardware as well as software to run it smoothly. The internal platform of the Nokia 5800 is been specially developed to handle the Symbain operating system and I don’t think so that at any case installing and running Meego is possible. So if you really want to have Meego on your mobile then I would request you to go for N900 on even N810 mobile phone or else just stick to what ever you have and may be in the near future you will be able to get the Meego to run on your Nokia 5800 as well. So all the best and have a nice day.

I even think that it is not possible to load the Meego operating system on the Nokia 5800, one of the simple reason behind this is that to run any operating system you will first require to have drivers that are compatible to run it on the phone. I don’t think so that there are any drivers that will help you to load the meego operating system smoothly on the Nokia 5800 and that is why I think that even if you load the operating system, you will not be able to run it. So I guess that we have to wait until some one comes up with the solution to load, install and run the Meego operating system on your phone.

Yes its definitely not possible to load Meego on the NOKia 5800 and this is true despite the fact it is having a Symbain platform, Symbian devices even hasa strong lock on firmware replacement so I guess that will also be one of the reason of not allowing to get the Meego install. I guess that if you look to install and run the Meego operating system on the Android platform then I think that you will surely be able to do it. This is because Android platform has the capability have cross platform operating system. So if you want you can try to load, install and run the Meego operating system on the Android platform phone and can enjoy the brilliance and wide variety of the features that the operating system provides

Dear friend I have gone through the phone specification of the Nokia 5880 and have found that its CPU is based ARM 11 434 MHz processor , which can even go along pretty well with the help of the Meggo operating system. Although I haven’t gave a try yet because I don’t have this Nokia 5800, but I would suggest you to give a try and see what happens while installing the Meego operating system on your device. I hope that you will be able to get the Meego running on your mobile phone. You can even make use of the Bootloader application that will help you in installing the operating system on your mobile phone. If it doesn't not happen then I think that you are not left with any other option.