Thread: Will MeeGo run on Samsung N510

Will MeeGo run on Samsung N510

Guys I would desperately want my netbook to have the Meego installed, I have seen my friends laptop that contains the Meego operating environment and while using it, I instantly fell in love with this framework. I am using the Samsung N510 netbook , now the thing is that this netbook has a Nvidia ION graphics processor which is Intel based , so I would want to know that will the Meego Operating environment will go along smoothly along with this Nvidia ION or not. If not then what can be done to make this thing get install and run smoothly with my netbook. Hope no one disappoints me because this is my first post on this forum. Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Re: Will MeeGo run on Samsung N510

Well sorry to say but I think that the Meego operating environment will not work on the Intel based processor because of the fact that they are designed only to get itself run on the ARM processor. So if you try installing the Meego operating environment on your Samsung N510 you will get the error and will get the installation aborted from there onwards. I think that the graphics ION processor that you have on your netbook is even of good quality that helps you provide some features quite similar to the Meego operating environment. So its better to stick to what ever you have got.

I have researched on your query such that to load the Meego on the Samsung N510 netbook that has the Intel based processor and have found that the MeeGo will only run on the Atom based processor Netbooks and will not run on the remaining processor. So if you want Meego to get installed on your laptop then I think that the only way is to get the ARM or ATOM based processor netbook, because then only you will be able to get the installation of the Meego done completely on your netbook or else you will have to stick to what ever you have got. I hope that you understand what I am trying to say

I am also looking for getting the Meego installed on my netbook that is having AMD processor so I would also like to know that whether I would be able to get the installation of the Meego done smoothly on my AMD processor. I have really liked the Meego operating environment because of the intelligence and multitasking that the Meego offers to its users. So can some one help me to know that are there any functionality developed to get the installation of the Meego done on the AMD processor.

As far as I know, I think that the Meego will not run on any other processor apart from the ARM processors that have been developed especially for running the Linux operating system and hence are even compatible with the Meego operating environment as well . So guys don’t to any stupid things that will effect the netbook as still the capability of loading the Meego on other processor. But I think that in the near future we will definitely get the Meego to run on all the processor as well as the Intel.