Thread: Upgrade to Andriod 2.1

Upgrade to Andriod 2.1

After the dizzying growth of the platform Android and the various versions that come with each roll of phones that run on this platform, have been quick to get criticism from users who find their terminals outdated and obsolete just spend 2 months of purchase. I am here to get more information about Update 2.1 on Android HTC Hero. I am sure that you members will help me in this matter.

Re: Upgrade to Andriod 2.1

Google (Android creator) could confirm within days that Android 2.1 will come as an upgrade with full support for installation on any Android handset launched from the HTC G1, which means that Android 2.1 can upgrade to our phone and enjoy the improvements and services that have been coming in each version. The latest Android Android can upgrade to 2.1 from the same device, but others take longer on the market have to do a clean install with reinstallation Android firmware included.

Install the official HTC ROM. For downloading, you will have to check http://www.htc.com/europe/support.aspx. After reboot of the ROM, you change the date on your phone by navigating in 2011. After the first update, just again to change the date (2011 for example) and the final update 2.1, you will be given. If you ever need to reset your mobile and return to factory configuration, it will automatically be in 2.1. Your internal storage available will be 148 MB and 165 MB instead As if there were not already enough internal memory, it takes a little longer just for the system. After a reconfiguration following the automatic update, some problems of restarting home screen and slow.

We recommend that you proceed to the download terminal near a free WiFi or make sure you have a 3G DATA not leading no additional fee for receiving data, since the file size will be tens of mega bytes. Before this update, we recommend you do to safeguard your personal data (contacts, SMS, email, calendar ....) Either using the application in this HTC Sync your Hero or synchronizing data from your account Gmail. These data will be erased when you restart your Hero after installing the ROM 2.1. Being a re-configuration factory with the latest ROM, some of your settings will be programmed again as: Gmail Account, theme, icons, shortcuts, applications in respect of the paid applications, your Hero will display notifications to reinstall them. On the other hand, the data stored on micro SD card will not be erased during these updates. In case you do not want or can not accept the upgrade of the ROM 2.1, and you click "later" - because you have not previously synchronized your data or your 3G connection conditions DATA / WiFi is not optimal - Download Notice FOTA will be delayed by several days because of its deployment phase.

Feel free to restart your HTC Hero from time to time and / or check if you do not have a popup message asking you to begin the process of updating. Remember that an update lost all data. This first update will not change the firmware version that will change in 1.5 but Build version (which goes 2.73.405.93). For the next update, a message on your screen will prompt you to launch it. Remember to save all your data before because certain lost. At the level of your applications, free and paid, then you will find under "Downloads" from your mobile Android Market.

There is no need to change the date of your HERO carry FOTA, we just need to log in or leave the wireless connection to your ISP if you have a mobile unlimited subscription (the same ROM weighs nearly 80MB !) and go to: Menu Button >> Settings >> About tel >> Software Updates system >> Check Now. The research therefore tel SHIFT, to the screen notifies you that it has found, it downloads, prompts you to apply it, restart and apply the Update. You do this several times (at least 4 to me who was in 2.73.x pr arrive at the head in last x.2, such as the two ROM also downloaded a kind of leveling of 3-4MB). I download an upgrade to 3-4MB of ROM and 80MB x.1 another leveling of 3-4MB and finally the last ROM x.2. That's it, your hero in Android 2.1 is the 3.32.405.2 ROM (I specify that I have a Hero pack out operator, I hope it works as the Hero Orange).