Thread: How to install apps on the SD card in HTC mobile

How to install apps on the SD card in HTC mobile

I recently purchased a HTC desire cell phone. I just have a small problem with the app which I download on my phone. Whenever i try to download apps from the Android market for my HTC mobile, they are automatically installing in my phone memory without asking to install the file location whether it can be in the phone memory or the memory sd card. Can anybody please tell me the technique to install them on my SD card in its place? I'm at present running out of phone memory, so i need to install additional apps on my sd card, so please help me through your post. help will be respected

Re: How to install apps on the SD card in HTC mobile

For this I will suggest you to go inside the settings with the help of the menu then you go to the applications option present in the list. Then you will require to go in inside the manage applications you will be capable to distinguish every app you got on your phone memory as well as sdcard. If you select on the applications you desire to move to your sd memory card you will observe a little box there it gives the option of moving to sdcard. Just then you select that app will move to your sdcard.

The Android 2.2 Froyo attribute that most public have been looking onward to is to be expected authorized support for installing apps to the SD card. It’s something that lots of people feel should have been incorporated from the beginning, and I suppose we’ve all gotten the trepidation “mobile storage is becoming low” announcement on our Android cell phone at one end or the other. I myself ran out of interior storage just one time after I bought my HTC Desire.

To install an app to the SD card, the function itself desires to support it. In my knowledge though, the majority of the existing apps can be moved to the exterior storage device i.e. memory sd card. On the other hand, the Froyo system installs all fresh applications on your mobile phone easily and to the interior memory by default, apart from for those that unambiguously request external installation. Fortunately, it’s probable to make your Android 2.2 phone put applications on the SD card by default in its place.

The Android platform now permits applications to demand installation on the device's exterior storage medium (such as the SD card), as an substitute to installation onto the device's interior phone memory. Application developers can articulate the favored installation place for their applications through a new quality of <manifest> in the apparent file, android: install position. The characteristic supports three standards: "interior only", "favor External", in addition to “auto". At install time, the system verifies the worth of android: install position as well as installs the application .apk as per to the favored place, if probable. If the application has demand exterior installation, the system installs it into a personal, encrypted division in the exterior medium. Once an application .apk is installed on the outside, the system allow the user change the storage place of the .apk and shift it onto the device's interior memory if required (and vice versa), with the Manage Applications in the user settings.

There are some tricks to recover a couple of MB somehow, like cleaning the cache that several applications use, but for people with an experience for apps as well as games, the phone storage restriction has been moderately a nuisance. Android users with root authority have been capable to have the Apps2SD function, but getting it to work is a moderately problematical process. By default, the system installs all function onto the device's interior memory, apart from for those that openly request external installation. This means that the system will always install inheritance applications onto interior memory, for the reason that they do not have authority to the android: install location attribute. However, it is probable to arrange as well as compile a heritage application such that it is installed within on older editions of the podium and externally on Android 2.2 and afterward platforms, if essential.