Thread: Emails continuously disappearing in HTC mobile

Emails continuously disappearing in HTC mobile

Over the last two days, incoming POP3 NTL (Virgin Media) emails have been incoming in my inbox as common as well as alerting me. When I move to the inbox, the file can be seen but after around 2 seconds and previous to I can select on them to read them, they immediately disappears! I've not intentionally altered no matter which for this to be unexpectedly happening but I did upgrade to Android 2.2 not many days ago if that has any significance at all. I've even removed as well as recreated the account but it continuously happens. Even though I can surf to the Virgin Media website and get the emails through webmail, I logically desire to read them by way of the Mail program on my phone as usual. Any help would be respected.

Re: Emails continuously disappearing in HTC mobile

On the mobile, all you require to perform now is edit the incoming server settings for your account to modify them from POP3 to IMAP. If you utilize an email client on your computer, rather than using webmail, I would also counsel changing to IMAP. If you utilize Windows Live Mail, go after these settings, making reminder of the one thing you require to revolutionize. Virgin are having Gmail for email now, but one dissimilarity among standard Gmail as well as Virgin's execution is the name of the garbage folder. With Virgin email thry known as Bin, so if you go after that guide, alternate the word "Bin" (with no quotes of course) replace it to "Trash" when you are incoming in the file names in the IMAP tab in WLM.

You can't send email through a Virgin Media account if not you are linking to their mail server through a Virgin line, which is why it doesn't perform properly on your phone. To be capable to receive mail, position the incoming mail server to that of your mobile convention service supplier. For example, if you're having T-Mobile in the UK, place the outgoing mail server information to this: -

Login required: No
    SMTP server: smtp.t-email.co.com
    Security type: None
    Server port: 25

I can also have this trouble. I only observe it after I added further email accounts, as I now contain 3 accounts on the mobile (Virgin Media, Gmail as well as one for my own website). A few minutes before I got a announcement that I had 4 new emails, all of which were sent to the similar email address, and when I changed to the email addresses inbox, the 4 emails were there, but 3 of them vanished before I had opportunity to read them. I then searched for "Desire disappearing emails", which carry me here. So please give your thoughts.

You will require doing is this that on both clients (phone and pc), you require to change the account username as per the following example. In its place of e.g. rich.bran.viginmedia.com you require to replacing it to recent:richbran@virginmedia.com. Be aware of the addition of "recent:" previous to the username. Do this in account settings in viewpoint (or windows mail) and in addition to the mobile account settings. Perceptibly replacement your username for richbranson, that was just an example. My email is now functioning completely without any of them receiving deleted or disappearing when the phone syncs with the server.

You will require to go at the messaging option inside the mani menu present thier Then select the outlook email, afterwards you will require going to the Menu and then you will need to choose the options. choose the outlook email once more to open 'edit serves settings' select subsequently a number of times until you observe the 'select the data you desire to sync choice then choose email, you will observe the settings menu becomes accessible to reveal the selection.