Thread: Converting video and transferring it to the HTC EVO 4G

Converting video and transferring it to the HTC EVO 4G

I was using Nokia 5233 from last six months. But now I have updated myself from Nokia to HTC Evo 4G which is a smartphone developed by HTC Corporation. HTC Evo 4G is having 480-by-800 TFT screen, can store data on microSD memory card. We can access internet in HTC Evo 4G with the help of WiMAX technology. I wanted to know if I can convert my computer videos into any other format and play it on HTC Evo 4G. If yes then I need a solution which will help me in transferring video to the HTC Evo 4G smart phone.

Re: Converting video and transferring it to the HTC EVO 4G

Yes you can convert the computer videos or the videos from the DVD and transfer it to HTC Evo 4G. after the transferring you can play the video as we play on computer system. For converting the video you first need to install Handbrake application on your computer system. After installing Handbrake application, you need to open it. You need to select iPod Legacy preset from the right side of the Handbrake application. Click on the source drop down menu to add the video. You need to select the destination where you want to save the converted video and click on the convert button. The video will be converted into the selected format and saved in the corresponding location.

Before using the handbrake application you first need to adjust its video and audio settings. The steps to adjust the audio and video settings are given as follows:
    1. You need to launch Handbrake application by double clicking on it. In the Handbrake application you need to click on Keep Aspect Ratio checkbox to disable it. You also need to set the width and height to 480 x 800 pixels.
    2. Then you need to click on the video tab and make sure that the Video Codec is set as H.264. The Framerate should be same as the source and under quality you need to select Avg Bitrate (kbps) and change it to 1500.
    3. You can do the audio settings by clicking on audio tab. The audio codec should be set to AAC; mixdown must be set to stereo, samplerate to 48 and bitrate to 160.

You can save the preset so that you can use it for future purpose. The preset if saved will be more helpful rather than recreating it again and again. You can save the preset by clicking on preset menu and then you need to select New Preset. After selecting New Preset, you need to enter EVO 4G into the dialog box and then click on add button. Now the EVO 4G will be saved as preset and it will be always listed in the Handbrake application.

You can transfer the converted video in the HTC Evo 4G. For transferring video into the HTC Evo 4G you need to make sure that the Handbrake application is installed on your system. you need to connect the HTC Evo 4G into the computer system by making use of USB cord. After the HTC Evo 4G is connected you need to create a new folder in the root folder of the HTC Evo 4G. Copy the converted folder into the folder that you have created.

Converting nokia 5233 to htc evo 4g..??

can any1 plz let me know the steps by which i can convert ma nokia 5233 to htc ....plz plz plz plz plz...

It is actually a very risky job if you want to work on that by changing your software. Most of the time this does not work at all. But you can have the look and fell of a HTC phone by adding a theme support for that. There are some themes which give a htc look to the phones software. Other than this if you want software modification then there are very less resources plus there are very rare chances of doing that.