Thread: Camera application crash suddenly in Nokia N900

Camera application crash suddenly in Nokia N900

I bought Nokia N900 cell phone where I had installed the maemo 5 edition inside the mobile. In that I`ve installed many applications with the help of standard repository settings in the application manager. However the installation of the application is proper on my cell phone. My camera application doesn`t starts in my cell phone. Whenever I attempted to start the camera application It crashes following 1 sec each time in my cell phone. I restarted cell phone and also uninstalled a few of applications just thought that I had installed many application that’s why is not opening my application but with no result. So what should I do in order to get rid of this problem?

Re: Camera application crash suddenly in Nokia N900

Camera Application Engine Interface API maintains to captures image as well as video capture .An significant feature obtainable in Camera Application Engine Interface API it also maintains both still capture as well as burst image capture. While it utilizes CCaeEngine class we will contain to obtain our function Camera Engine class from MCaeStillBurstObserver as well as MCamAppEngineObserver .These two program grant a list of callbacks which can be exercised our use case. For example one callback technique of MCamAppEngineObserver is
    Code:
    virtual void McaeonSnapImageReady(constant CFbstBitmap& a Bitmap,TInt aError)
    (pure virtual method)
    which will be called asynchronously when we call CCaeEngine::CaptureStill( ) along with snap Image.Then we can make use of Image Encoder (CImageEncoder) to convert the bitmap into Jpeg and then store it in Memory.

First of all I want to know what applications you'd installed as well as what error message that you have received (if whichever available) we'd be capable to provide you a few pointers, but the ones that arrive to my psyche straight away are BlessN900 and FCam I generally find many issue with the camera not working but it is never related with the camera application. If you've obtain those two installed remove them as well as try again to reinstall it on your cell phone.

The camera on my N900 worked huge for me for a few weeks, but now at any time I try to take pictures or capture a movie, the camera application shut straight away as well as on the desktop, a mysterious message pops up... "Procedure Failed". It is been doing this for the last week now, I have no thought what is the setback. someone have any clues or proposal on how to get the camera to perform again or stop crashing?

After it crashed you will try to build a file with dmesg content in my MyDocs file but xterm throws an error:

Code:
     ~sh: cannot create MyDoc1/.documents/cam_dmesg: Read-only file system
    so it appears the drive is remounted with only read-rights while using the cam-app and deleting same pics? use the following code to solve the problem

Code:
    Apt1-get auto remove omap3camd --purge && apt1-get install omap3camd