Thread: VANILLA image is not working when I flash Nokia N900

VANILLA image is not working when I flash Nokia N900

I decided to flash my eMMC to fix my cell phone. But my Vanilla image is not working properly is not properly after flashing the phone. Microb wasn't capable to read the code when I execute it. So I previosuly flashed the rootfs only then backed up my data from /home/usr1/MyDocs to my computer. The whole thing was working fine except that image. Then I carry on to flash rootfs (PR1.3 global) once more (without a boot) and I also added the latest VANILLA image right after but no result been obtain. After my N900 had booted I couldn't commence any applications through the desktop shortcuts. The launcher also replied there were no applications. So what to do in order sort out situation in order to work my thing properly?

Re: VANILLA image is not working when I flash Nokia N900

You need to use the following code for Microb to work functioning again and you need download rootsh and xterm to work with ctrl+shift+x. Now with root privileges you need to use edit /home/usr1/.config/menus/hildon.menu from

Code:
      <OnlyUnallocated/>
      <Include></Include>
    to

Code:
      <OnlyUnallocated/>
      <Include><All/></Include>

Flashing the eMMC as well as the rootfs on your N900 will totally restart the mobile to factory default, relapse the whole thing to factory settings, counting /home with every (app-)fondness, bookmarks, links, connections, but once more, exclusive of the exterior memory on micro-SD memory card and the unlock code. (You have to flash rootfs also, when flashing eMMC (since of /opt deletion). It is strongly counsel you frequently exercise the Backup of the function to create backups of your settings as well as data to a safe storage in order to get the Vanilla image working properly on your cell phone. You will desire to arrange the Backup function in such a way it keeps the backups to your memory card - otherwise when produce manual backup of MyDocs.

Flashing the eMMC thorugh the Vanilla will resets the MyDocs folder data to factory default settings. N900 users don't require to reflash the eMMC of their cell phone when updating firmware but can do so to remove the entire data from the cell phone. You may require to perform so if you need a pre-production device e.g. in the Maemo peak. If you have a sales component as well as you have problems with your eMMC or Vanilla you must get in touch with Nokia Care. They might help you out.

The eMMC also known as "VANILLA image", which will put back the complete content of N900's interior 32GB storage (embedded MMC), which is: the /home partition which has your stored browser passwords as well as game high scores as well as calendar and contacts etc. /home is also containing /opt. Plus eMMC stores all the information and the data of the MyDocs 32GB VFAT partition, where all the medium as well as document and additional user content lives.