Thread: HTC Desire: Facebook friends appearing in My Phonebook

HTC Desire: Facebook friends appearing in My Phonebook

I just made a login to the Facebook via HTC Desire and now have seen myself caught with the issue. I have 2.2 on the cell phone and I was linked up to the Facebook. Now the issue here with this cell phone is that; I can see all my Facebook friends in the Friends list in my phonebook of the cell phone. I really think that it is annoying and hence would like to know if I can have this thing removed from here. I really find it difficult to select the friends from the contact in this way. In addition to this I have not seen any phone number getting displayed in front of them. The column is empty there. I really do not care if this is one of the features of the cell phone; I just want to get rid of this from there. Please help me with this thing.

Re: HTC Desire: Facebook friends appearing in My Phonebook

However it seems that this can be really the feature of Android 2.2. Well I am not sure about this but it really seems to me that this can be the reason for this. I had read that this Android 2.2 is in the phase of the development and it completed to 90 percent. Well it seems to me that you are having the incomplete version of the Android. So I think that if you can have the things rolled back then you can have the cell phone working properly.

Yes I am also of the same opinion but in reality I do not think that you should go with downgrading the thing. It will be really great if you can have the upgraded done on the Cell Phone. AS I think that if you will do that there are chances that you might get back the remaining part of your firmware and hence it may happen that the issue will get solved automatically. Please make sure that you do this and then see if what I have said really works for you there.

You can have the Master Reset done on your cell phone and I think that it will be better way to have the issue solved. Do one thing turn off the cell phone. After this you will be required to press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button and in addition to this you will be required to press the POWER button as well. Now please see the screen and once you see the three Android images then you can leave the VOLUME DOWN button. After doing all the things successfully till here then you will be required to press the VOLUME DOWN button so that you can choose the CLEAR STORAGE option. After this you can press the POWER button. IN order to start the factory reset you will be required to select the VOLUME UP button.

Well it really seems that you can have the solution for your case if you can just clear up application data and cache. There is a chance that you might get successful. For this you will be required to press the Home button and then you will be required to select the Menu button. After these two options you will be required to select the Settings. In the Settings you will be required to make a search for the Applications option. After this you can go to the Manage applications and then select the Facebook Application there. Now if you want you can clear up application data or if you want you can clear up application cache. You can select the appropriate option by selecting the one from the Application info screen.

After a hours of searching I was able to get the solution for you. Well here are the things that I want to share with you all. The issue is really not that big. All you have to do is disable an option. You are required to go in the phonebook and there you will be required to select an option that will just switch off the Facebook there. Just select that option. I am sure that after doing this you will be able to see the contacts that are from the Facebook will get disappeared.