Thread: How to remove preinstalled apps on HTC Desire

How to remove preinstalled apps on HTC Desire

I really do not know if this has been posted on the forum before and hence I have come here with the issue. I have seen that on HTC Desire that I have here there are a number of application running on the cell phone and I just wanted to know if there can be any solution to this. I was also having some more issues with the cell phone like it was getting hanged and was getting laggy. Please let me know if there is any solution for the case that I have presented below. I have seen that the screen on the cell phone going off after 5 to 10 seconds; can you all please let me know how can I have this extended here. On top of all the things the biggest issue that I am having is the preinstalled applications. Please help me with the same soon.

Re: How to remove preinstalled apps on HTC Desire

Well it seem to me that you can have the solution so that you can get the screen timeout option extended. This is really a think that you will be able to get done just by going in the display settings that you will be able to see under the Menu option. Just extend the time to somewhat 30 seconds or 1 minute or the value that you actually want. I am sure that I must have been able to answer to one of the issue that you are stuck on the cell phone.

Speaking frankly I do not think that you will be able to have the pre installed applications out of the cell phone. Actually you cannot have this done. It is an integral part of the Firmware. Welll if you are having the issue with the working then let me tell you; you can have the applications updated. After getting the applications updated I am pretty much sure that you will not at all have any trouble with the working of the applications. You will be required to go to the Android Market and then you can have the update for the same. See if this can help you with the applications there.

Well I think that you have got the solution to your case. Well I am here to talk about the rest of the issues that you are having with the cell phone. If you want to have one shot solution then it seems to me that the only solution is to have the Master Reset Done. You will be required to go to the Home Screen of the phone and then go to the Menu option. After this you will have to go to the Settings and after that select the Privacy tab there. Once you are done with all these things then you will be required to go to select the Factory data reset option and then tap the Reset phone and finally tap the Erase everything option that you have on the screen. Well if you are having any sort of trouble with the cell phone then for sure you can always try this.

Well it seems to me that you can have the applications that are preinstalled to get uninstalled. All you will be required to do is ROOT you cell phone. Once you are able to ROOT your cell phone then you will be in the position to uninstall all unwanted and pre-installed software. Well this is the recommended way by which you can get rid of the things there. Do this and let me know if what I have said will really help you with the issue.

You can have the applications uninstalled but by following this method you will be able to have the market downloaded or self installed programs uninstalled. Tap on the Menu Option and then go to the Applications option. There you will be required to choose the option Manage applications. Once you are done with this then you will be required to make the selection of the application of which you really want to get rid of. Once you select the application then you will be required to press the Uninstall tab. Do this and see if you can have the programs uninstalled.