Thread: Nokia N900 USB connector is very rigid

Nokia N900 USB connector is very rigid

I am having a Nokia N900 phone and there is a problem with the usb connector. Actually it is working but it is bit more rigid as compare to other phones as usb connector is made up of hard plastic due to which it breaks after several uses of time. If connector gets damaged then there is nothing much to worry but it usually damages the port where you connect it. Is there anybody who has similar kind of thinking like me?

Re: Nokia N900 USB port is very rigid

I haven't used the usb connector of Nokia N900 phone but as you said that it would is bit hard then the normal flexibility of the usb connectors of other mobile phones. I guess there is nothing that you can do with it. As manufacturer has given it in that way only. You have to live with it, Better you don't try to make it more flexible forcefully.

I have experienced this scene on my Nokia N900 phone as I have repaired the usb connector port of my phone two times. It just gets bend while using it with the computer system. With me, It has happened due to the position of my computer system as there is not proper space to place my mobile phone while I have connected it with pc, So it has fell down couple of time when my port got damage due to the rigidity of cable.

I have seen an issue with my Nokia phone's usb connector. Actually I am not talking about the N900 phone's connector but I am having a Nokia 5230 which has been provided with the usb connector that is too short to make your phone adjusting near to usb port of your computer system. The connector that I have is about 3 inch long which makes it really hard to keep phone connected for the CPU cases that has bit more height then that of normal cpu towers.

Yes, it is true as Nokia does not seems to be caring about the connector that they provide along with their phones. As they are selling the best phones but when it comes to the synchronizing then there are several problems that starts from the usb connector. First of all, it becomes bit hard to keep your phone connected. And even if it is connected then too, It can get disconnected anytime as your phone cannot be placed properly after connecting it to the usb port.