Thread: Google Voice Call - SIP & GSM dual ring hangs system

Google Voice Call - SIP & GSM dual ring hangs system

I am using a Nokia N810 mobile phone and carrier on this phone is prepaid TMobile in the USA. I am used to use wifi/sip/google voice to save minutes. I have added 2 numbers in my Google Voice Account out of which one is my TMobile number and other one is SIP number. Now whenever I receive a call on my Google Voice number, then it rings first on T Mobile and then on SIP. But when I activate SIP when GSM is ON, then GSM rings first then SIP comes in picture. Sometime it works vice versa. Now I want it in definite way like first SIP should be ringing and then if it is not available then should try for GSM.

Re: Google Voice Call - SIP & GSM dual ring hangs system

I have understood the problem that you are facing on your google voice account as I have gone through the same thing. There is nothing that you can do on your phone to resolve this issue. I have changed the Google voice settings according to which it rings on the T Mobile during the night time and on the weekends. All the other time it rings on my SIP number. I think this won't be much helpful if you are on pay-as-you-go.

I thin this problem is from the google voice side or may be due to the operating system incompatibility of your phone. There is a possibility that two calls come at the same time from the different number on two lines which could be any two from the skype/sip/gms. So such kind of bug also make it hard for you to manage the calls from the google voice.

I am not so sure that it would be working in that way due to something wrong with the PR 1.3 but on which I am able to get the first call on SIP and then it goes to the T Mobile. I think SIP only works when its number has been dialed. I was having a wrong perception about the Nokia N900 phone. But still there should be some place where I can define the priority for calls.