Thread: How to turn on Nokia N900 after reflashing

How to turn on Nokia N900 after reflashing

My Nokia N900 does not show the USB symbol and begin the flashing process. I've attempted removing and placing the battery again while pressing down the u key as recommended by a friend, but still nothing. I bought a used phone. I desire to re-flash as well as reset the eMMC to factory setting. I downloaded the flasher-3.6 software, the *PR*.bin, along with the *EMMC*.bin. I run Ubuntu9.1, Lucid 10.05. I installed on a 32-bit machine, ran the software, got the prompt about coming up for device, inserted in the phone while pressing down the u key, but the mobile didn't demonstrate the USB logo. So I attempted it on my common 64-bit machine through the --force-manner switch. Same consequence I obtain. I tried pressing down the u key at the same time as plugging in the USB as well as putting the battery again. (Actually, two of us tried it since you need four hands for that.) The phone stays dead, and I waited up to a minute more than a few times. Please let me know in order to solve this problem.

Re: How to turn on Nokia N900 after reflashing

To be convince you don't have any of the USB port problems inside your problem and you need to get your device on a windows 32bit xp pc and try again to download the most latest version of the flasher available on the maemo website for your Nokia cell phone and also download the latest firmware require to work properly with the mobile. But for this you need to ensure that the battery is completely charged before downloading the file since it takes lot of time to download and install the firmware. Then you will require unplugging the charger and switching off the device.

I do not believe that Windows would assist you much. You do not require to remove the battery from the nokia N900 mobile. Just press the "u" key as well as plugin the usb-cable at the same time. Then you will to run the flasher from the PC. Sometimes it's tough to distinguish the usb-logo. And be convincing that the battery is charged. It will show a green led once it is entirely charged. Flash initially the PR with no the "-R" at the end. And then the Vanilla unswervingly subsequent to with the "-R". The -R means it will restart.

• If you downloaded the .deb edition of the Flasher, install it with:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i <flasher-package-name>
    If you have 64-bit Linux, you'll require compelling installation as follows:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture <flasher-package-name>
    • If you downloaded the .tar.gz edition in its place, you should untar it physically The information underneath suppose you have untar it to the present directory.
    • If you installed the .deb edition, use the
    Code:
    sudo flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> -f -R
    If you have the .tar.gz package, use
    Code:
    sudo ./flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> -f -R
    • It will articulate:
    Appropriate USB device not establish, wait.

You may not require to hold the U key - it appear to automatically flash if the flasher is prepared at boot time.
    1. If the USB symbol does not come into view, and the mobile is turns off - make sure the battery is charged by connected to the wall charger for an hour and attempt once more.
    2. N810 WiMAX, N810, N800 and 770: Connect your mobile to your PC through USB. While pressing the Home/Swap Key (It's a house on the 770 as well as N800, and two extend beyond rectangles on the N810), power on the mobile by pressing the power key. You should observe a Nokia symbol in the center of the screen, as well as a USB icon in the top right end.
    You don't require carrying to press any buttons formerly flashing starts.
    It should begin to flashing as well as afterward restart. You can take away the USB cable when the flasher programs exit again to the covering prompt.