Thread: Toshiba Satellite A505 overheating

Toshiba Satellite A505 overheating

Does anybody know about overheating problem with the Toshiba Satellite laptops. Actually I am having a Toshiba Satellite A505 and there is something wrong with this laptop as it gets overheated very soon. This machine has an Intel processor. But I have heard that this series of laptop gets overheated even with an AMD processor.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505 overheating

To 95% can say the most. Carpet and other soft surfaces are sooner or later certain death for notebooks. A colleague has had his blow up the motherboard, including CPU than a night on the couch, got up and ran. Even with my notebook (Samsung X10), which is at the top (on the keyboard), a kind of lattice, in an emergency to move from there air, I am doing anyway on a hard surface (at least where is a fan, a stable point topsy). Because you can hear just how the fan makes more noise when we covered the bottom. Since the top grille helps apparently not very much.

Something with the cooling system can not be in order. In the best case, it would be a repair / maintenance to delay something. If the laptop can just screw them "You do not have to somewhere, I really see no problem with the heatsink / cooling ducts, the fan and the ventilation slots to view and cleaned if necessary. Of course, you should open before the power supply to pull out and remove the battery. Remember not to discharge static before you.....and touch any contacts or anything.

The reason for the overheating so i know not always. I strongly suspect that it is up to the graphic card. Even if the problem suddenly appeared one day to the other (as i took the laptop to colleagues). After about 20-30min then it is too hot. Before that 2 hours no problem. It is also guaranteed to crash because of the temperature, since we have set times for testing, under a kind of cold pack (of course, wrapped in a towel) held out and the laptop longer. Well, i think that the cause is difficult to find.

Sounds like as if the CPU fan is not running properly, but once you install a program that reads the data of the hardware you. By that I mean temperatures, number of revolutions of the fan so to see where it might chop. Try using the Everest program, the latest version, although not freeware, but you can test a few days.